Thread: Holster with attached magazine pouch.

Post imported post

Hello everyone im quite new to this site and new to the topic of OCing. I was thinking about starting to OC and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if a holster that has the magazine pouch attatched to it is ok to use.

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    Hello everyone im quite new to this site and new to the topic of OCing. I was thinking about starting to OC and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if a holster that has the magazine pouch attatched to it is ok to use.
    As long as the magazine isn't attached to the weapon, you're ok. I have one with a single mag pouch on the front, for my ppk .380. It's a little slow loading and racking. Be sure to keep all loaded mags visible, as they are considered part of the weapon.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Yeah, they are ok to use. Easy rule of thumb- if you pull your gun out of the holster and a mag doesn't come with it, they are not attached.

Eta: think about loading though. Cross drawing a magazine is weird for me. I had a situation once where I almost loaded and was using a holster with a mag next to the gun and realized it would be weird and uncomfortable to load when needed.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

its easier with the gun on strong side with the mag opposite,,,
    but if you carry in cross draw mode,, it get easier.
    cross draw your gun with your shooting hand,, then go for the mag with your weak hand and load.
    it works out better than the other way..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

I hear ya the only reason I got the holster was for the shooting range. I got it last week and I didnt hear about OCing until 3 days ago lol so im kinda stuck.

Post imported post

If you are serious about UOCing you should get a quality retention holster. Bass Pro Shops has the popular Blackhawk Serpa holsters as does Ammo Bros in Ontario. Also get a double magazine holster for your weak side to carry your loaded magazines.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

State Researcher

Post imported post

halo6941 wrote:
    CONGRATULATIONS! You're the 1,000th person to ask this question!

(I'm not really keeping track, and you didn't win any prize. And don't worry, since the search function here sucks, we'll give you a pass for not finding one of the dozen or so other threads on this exact subject.)

Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.