• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster with attached magazine pouch.

halo6941

imported post

Hello everyone im quite new to this site and new to the topic of OCing. I was thinking about starting to OC and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if a holster that has the magazine pouch attatched to it is ok to use.

Gundude

imported post

halo6941 wrote:
Hello everyone im quite new to this site and new to the topic of OCing. I was thinking about starting to OC and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if a holster that has the magazine pouch attatched to it is ok to use.
As long as the magazine isn't attached to the weapon, you're ok. I have one with a single mag pouch on the front, for my ppk .380. It's a little slow loading and racking. Be sure to keep all loaded mags visible, as they are considered part of the weapon.

dirtykoala

imported post

Yeah, they are ok to use. Easy rule of thumb- if you pull your gun out of the holster and a mag doesn't come with it, they are not attached.

Eta: think about loading though. Cross drawing a magazine is weird for me. I had a situation once where I almost loaded and was using a holster with a mag next to the gun and realized it would be weird and uncomfortable to load when needed.

1245A Defender

imported post

its easier with the gun on strong side with the mag opposite,,,
but if you carry in cross draw mode,, it get easier.
cross draw your gun with your shooting hand,, then go for the mag with your weak hand and load.
it works out better than the other way..

halo6941

imported post

I hear ya the only reason I got the holster was for the shooting range. I got it last week and I didnt hear about OCing until 3 days ago lol so im kinda stuck.

wewd

imported post

If you are serious about UOCing you should get a quality retention holster. Bass Pro Shops has the popular Blackhawk Serpa holsters as does Ammo Bros in Ontario. Also get a double magazine holster for your weak side to carry your loaded magazines.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

halo6941 wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS! You're the 1,000th person to ask this question!

(I'm not really keeping track, and you didn't win any prize. And don't worry, since the search function here sucks, we'll give you a pass for not finding one of the dozen or so other threads on this exact subject.)

:lol: