• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good first OC experience

warhammerjr

imported post

So I turned 21 a few weeks ago and haven't really done any real OC'ing until tonight. Just going back and forth to my girlfriend's house several times (which the manager is really cool with me OC'ing).

I stopped by Blockbuster and 711. The cashier at blockbuster gave me a surprising "Oh!" when she looked up at me. While she was checking me out, she asked why I had it in the open. I explained that Washington was an open carry state and gave her the OCDO pamphlet I happened to be carrying. She thumbed through it and gave it back saying,"Hmm, well you learn something new everyday." She said have a good night and I left.

I would say definitely a good first OC experience.

warhammerjr

imported post

I know I have to unload when I'm driving and I was talking to j2l3 about this the other day. Do I have to secure the gun as well or can I keep it unloaded in my holster? He said in the holster should be fine, but thought I'd get a couple of opinions on it just to be safe.

Aryk45XD

imported post

I've been keeping the magazine in my driver door handle or my lap for short trips. I usually never have to even unholster... just lock the slide back while it's in the holster. :cool: Unfortunately I've had to do this enough times to become a pro. :X My 30 state carry permit is in the works though. Hopefully not too long.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I've been keeping the magazine in my driver door handle or my lap for short trips. I usually never have to even unholster... just lock the slide back while it's in the holster. :cool: Unfortunately I've had to do this enough times to become a pro. :X My 30 state carry permit is in the works though. Hopefully not too long.
If you are a Washington Resident I believe you have to have a Washington CPL in Washington.

j2l3

imported post

Orphan wrote:
If you are a Washington Resident I believe you have to have a Washington CPL in Washington.
This is true. A permit from anywhere else will get you in trouble if you are a resident here...

Aryk45XD

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I don't think it is true at all. I believe if I have a permit that covers WA, then I am covered.
Wrong!

OK. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. I still feel they should word the RCW better or something. Actually, they should make one carry permit the same for all states... but that would make to much sense