View Poll Results: Would you OC with your young kids?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

2 10.53%
  • ONLY IF THE KIDS GET LIVE ROUNDS

4 21.05%
  • YES

13 68.42%

Thread: Kids and OC

Post imported post

As a newbie OCer, what are the ethics on kids OCing? Not that I would let my kids walk around with a real gun, may be a cap gun orof that sort. I would like to do some sort of community service with kids while OCing. My kids are all educated with firearms-(BBs and pellets practice) SAFETY, HANDELING AND SHOOTING.Has anyone done this with their kids? It's all about education...... no?

PS, My kids ages :

13 - female

11 - male

8 - female

6- female (She'sa cowgirl, a rootn, tootn, gun shootn COWGIRL!)

Post imported post

I OC with my 10-year-old all the time. He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit ) He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either. I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead. He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still). He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    I OC with my 10-year-old all the time. He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit ) He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either. I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead. He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still). He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.
    I read the OP as the kids will be the ones carrying the guns...not real guns..but a cap gun...
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
    Riana wrote:
    I OC with my 10-year-old all the time.¬* He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit )¬* He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either.¬* I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead.¬* He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still).¬* He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.
    I read the OP as the kids will be the ones carrying the guns...not real guns..but a cap gun...
    That'll teach me to post before I have coffee in the morning. :P

My son and his friends are always playing with cap guns, Nerf guns, etc. I'm not too keen on him actually OCing one to the grocery store, though.

Post imported post

I have carried since my girls were born. They are 17 and 15 now. I taught them at first to never touch and tell an adult. Now they know how to touch and handle properly. There have always been loaded guns around them and they don't think it is a big deal.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

If your talking about kids OCing then yes, I OC with my 16 year old several times a week. Both of us carry. He is the oldest of 7. None of the younger ones carry yet, but they love to go to the range and shoot.

If you talking about taking kids out while I am OCing, the answer is still yes since I always OC and I like to go places with my kids.

Post imported post

Why not..., even Children can Open Carry with their Parents!

Per Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(x), Children can not have Pistols, except under certain circumstances.

However, NewHampshire allows Open Carry for any other Firearm at 14 years old.