• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kids and OC

Would you OC with your young kids?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ONLY IF THE KIDS GET LIVE ROUNDS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

havee

imported post

As a newbie OCer, what are the ethics on kids OCing? Not that I would let my kids walk around with a real gun, may be a cap gun orof that sort. I would like to do some sort of community service with kids while OCing. My kids are all educated with firearms-(BBs and pellets practice) SAFETY, HANDELING AND SHOOTING.Has anyone done this with their kids? It's all about education...... no?

PS, My kids ages :

13 - female

11 - male

8 - female

6- female (She'sa cowgirl, a rootn, tootn, gun shootn COWGIRL!)

Riana

imported post

I OC with my 10-year-old all the time. He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit :lol:) He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either. I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead. He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still). He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.

mrjam2jab

imported post

Riana wrote:
I OC with my 10-year-old all the time. He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit :lol: ) He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either. I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead. He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still). He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.

I read the OP as the kids will be the ones carrying the guns...not real guns..but a cap gun...

Riana

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
Riana wrote:
I OC with my 10-year-old all the time.  He's finally starting to remember to not hug that hip all the time (a few knocks in the noggin by the grip seems to have fixed that habit :lol: )  He hardly notices anymore.

Firearms are no secret, mystical thing in our house, either.  I think it's easier to teach him everything he wants to know instead.  He likes plinking with the pellet guns, and the 22 rifle (the 22 handgun, not so much - he's a little recoil shy still).  He knows that if he ever wants to handle one, all he has to do is ask.

I read the OP as the kids will be the ones carrying the guns...not real guns..but a cap gun...
That'll teach me to post before I have coffee in the morning. :p

My son and his friends are always playing with cap guns, Nerf guns, etc. I'm not too keen on him actually OCing one to the grocery store, though.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have carried since my girls were born. They are 17 and 15 now. I taught them at first to never touch and tell an adult. Now they know how to touch and handle properly. There have always been loaded guns around them and they don't think it is a big deal.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Alaskan Shooter

imported post

If your talking about kids OCing then yes, I OC with my 16 year old several times a week. Both of us carry. He is the oldest of 7. None of the younger ones carry yet, but they love to go to the range and shoot.

If you talking about taking kids out while I am OCing, the answer is still yes since I always OC and I like to go places with my kids.

aadvark

imported post

Why not..., even Children can Open Carry with their Parents!

Per Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(x), Children can not have Pistols, except under certain circumstances.

However, NewHampshire allows Open Carry for any other Firearm at 14 years old.