• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC event Nashua / Hudson

havee

imported post

Would like to do some sort of community service while OCing. I'm thinking in April may be May? Lets set aside some time and get the biggest OC community service group together to educate these folks out there. May be we can end it off with a nice burgerat a local park . Let the IDEAS fly!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Set a date, time and place - they will come.

Request a sticky to keep it on top.

Yata hey

doobie

imported post

havee wrote:
Would like to do some sort of community service while OCing. I'm thinking in April may be May? Lets set aside some time and get the biggest OC community service group together to educate these folks out there. May be we can end it off with a nice burgerat a local park . Let the IDEAS fly!!!
Pick a sunday and I should be able to make it... if I'm in town...might bring my ar-15 pistol depending on how I felt too.

havee

imported post

Work is busy soI guess a Sunday would be best. I'll post in about a week when the schedule clears up a little. Will give a two week time frame.

doobie

imported post

Also when you pick a time/location, please ensure there is ample free/inexpensive parking.

havee

imported post

Sunday the 16th looks good me and I hope it will work for you all? I'm thinking about meeting at ThePine Street Eatery on Pine Street in Nashua. I haven't been there in a while and will need to ask owner if it would be OK to OC in his restaurant. He has plenty of parking across the street.

I thought it would be great to sit down for bite before we head out to pick up some trash around the tree street area. I was thinking 1100 am would be a good time to meet up.

All comments and suggestions welcome and will post up date on the staging area.

Thanks, Rick

Rush2112

imported post

I'll try to be there if I can...I'm a little disappointed that I don't have a holster for my EMF SAA...

ETA: Why ask if it's ok? If there's nothing posted on the door, then showing up OC-ing and then sitting down and ordering is a good enough way for me to find out. All he can do is ask us to leave.

havee

imported post

Rush2112 wrote:
ETA: Why ask if it's ok? If there's nothing posted on the door, then showing up OC-ing and then sitting down and ordering is a good enough way for me to find out. All he can do is ask us to leave.

It's more for the parking since we will be leaving the cars on his property. I did ask and he did decline as it is his busiest day and time. He said he has costumers lining the streets.

As for the OC in his establishment he says he can't allow it. He thinks it will scare awayhis customers. He says he is a gun owner and understands what we are trying to accomplish but, it's almost political and hedoesn't want tostand on either side with his customers.

We do have the option of meeting at the public parking garage on Elm Street behind city hall. Not sure if they charge though and there is a nice little place on the corner of Main & W. Hollis Streets. City StreetsI believe the place is called. We could meet up there and just use the down town metered parking spaces.Plenty of options.

Now I will be on foot as I do live in the down town area . So, i guess it will be what work best for all but, I will still need a bite to eat before the fun.

Rush2112

imported post

At this point you can count me out. I'm going camping the weekend after this one and getting two weekends off from work is virtually impossible. Sorry guys, I know that my not being there only reduces an already small number.

havee

imported post

I will be at City Streets on the corner of Main and W. Hollisat 1100 hours on Sunday the 16th. I will be the one with the gun. I will bring a few trash bags if you need one. I plan on picking up litter in the Tree Street area of down town Nashua for about an hour. I think we may have a reporter from the Telegraph accompany us for a bit. I will not be recording any of this so if you would like to please do. Hope to see you there.

Thanks, Rick

CmdrFenix

imported post

Should be able to make it. I am preparing to move so I've got a mess of stuff going on, but I should be able to squeeze this in. Not sure what I'll carry yet.

-Jon

havee

imported post

I was about 15 mins late. I didn't notice anyone (guns), had a cup of coffee and a egg sandwich. Still no one so. I walked around abit collecting cigarette butts in he area for a bit. Still no one so, I walked on picking up trash.Uneventful pick up. A few stares and no contact. Sorry I was Late if any showed up. Made it just....... a little late.