• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOCAL Meeting March 3, 2010

sraacke

imported post

LOCAL Meeting March 3, 2010

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) meets the first Wednesday of each month. The next meeting is on Wednesday, March 3, 2010. Meetings are held at the Shoneys Resturant on Highwy 51 near I-10 in LaPlace, La. The meeting starts at 6:30pm. Those who Open Carry or who are interested in Open Carry are invited to attend.

www.laopencarry.org

barf

imported post

SickMaker wrote:
Well I feel the same way, but I thought there was some trouble with shooneys like at Waffle house???
You think there is an issue at one business because of an issue at a completely different business?

Do you have diarrhea of the keyboard? Are you just trying to get your post count up or something?

turbodog

imported post

barf wrote:
SickMaker wrote:
Well I feel the same way, but I thought there was some trouble with shooneys like at Waffle house???
You think there is an issue at one business because of an issue at a completely different business?

Do you have diarrhea of the keyboard? Are you just trying to get your post count up or something?
Easy now brother, it might be an honest question. I've been guilty of the same on occasion.

Assuming it is, no, we've had no issues at Shoneys about OCing. We tip our waitress's well and they always seem happy to see us back. We've even had the occasional educational conversation with other patrons.

SickMaker

imported post

Why is it that when I post, my post get's hated on so much and people tell me i'm rude? But when some guy like barf posts, it's allowable? I think most of you on here are very closed minded and want to keep it that way. I now understand why our state is lacking in such areas as education, education, and education.

Thanks turbodawd, i'm from Indy myself. Graduated from indy high in 2005 and now i'm a CPA candidate. And thanks for clearing up the issue about shooneys, really makes a difference when people actually try to help you when you need an answer, and not just "barf" on the forum!

Summit_Ace

imported post

What are the chances of getting a northern chapter of LOCAL. I live so far away but would love to be involved.

georg jetson

imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
What are the chances of getting a northern chapter of LOCAL. I live so far away but would love to be involved.
I'd say pretty good... this isn't the first time I've seen this question.

Perhaps starting a parallel thread on LOCAL would get everyone on the same page.

sraacke

imported post

georg jetson wrote:
Summit_Ace wrote:
I'd say pretty good... this isn't the first time I've seen this question.

Perhaps starting a parallel thread on LOCAL would get everyone on the same page.
I agree. The place to ask about this would be at the LOCAL website.

Masher

imported post

I'm new here this meeting is kind of short notice but I may try to make it. I'm going to try my first open carry today at the local supermarket.

Masher

imported post

Hello, it was uneventful. A Hammond Officer was in there and just glanced at me but that was it. I carry a Sig P226 in a shoulder holster under my left arm with two clips under my right.

Masher

imported post

Thanks, I didn't think anything would happen out here. Every home probably has at least 3 guns in Loranger, lol. Glad to be aboard everyone.

LA Confederate

imported post

Masher, you're right...Loranger is pretty easy to OC. If things go the way I hope, this time next month I'll be living the high life in Husser. Did you go to the Pig or to Loranger Supermarket since they're going to be the closest grocery stores to me?

Masher

imported post

I went to the big ole Loranger Supermarket. I'm a couple miles north of the school so I'm just a stones throw from Husser. We swing in to Whites for the buffet every once in a while.