• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Factory re-load ammo

freakshow10mm

imported post

I don't post gun pics on the internet unless they are for sale. I was posting the licensing credentials of my company to show that although ammunition is loaded on Dillon progressives, I have the same or more licensing than the bigger companies. My company has the exact same licensing and privileges that Remington, Browning, etc have. Just so happens I'm a one man operation in the Keweenaw. Guess that ruffled some feathers here and the gun owners here don't want to support a MI business. I'll show myself out. Thanks for the warm welcome.

autosurgeon

imported post

OK look you posted text that stated what you are .... however anyone can claim to be whatever they want to be on the internet.

I just feel that a simple website with a few pictures of some of your product would be proof enough.

I am sorry if you feel we are not interested in helping local businesses but lately we have been overrun with folks claiming to be various things with no proof of it. This has lead us to be rather hesitant to take all posts at face value.

Bailenforcer

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
I get most of my 10mm ammo from http://www.reedsammo.com . He's got a good selection of "non-standard" ammo.
Hows his 10MM ammo?

How do you like the 10MM?

What model gun do you like?

I used to carry a Smith&Wesson Model 1006 loved the gun and sold it, now I regret selling it. I have Pondered the Glock 10MM I have large wide hands so the full sized Glock is what I have considered. I talkd with some Deputies in Alpena few years ago and they liked the Glock 10MM they were issued.

I am uncertain why Hombre1 doesn't like basement ammunition as he referenced. I started relaoding as a teenager and now at my advanced age can say that in the last near 40 years I have had less than 6 misfires and all were due to primers of a certain batch/lot purchase. Other than that I love my loads. So do a number of officers I loaded for. Corbon was once a tiny reloader and so was Lee Jurras of the Super Vel fame. Now I am showing my age with the Lee Jurras reference.

Michigander

imported post

Freakshow, it is unfortunate that you are so fast to assume that we're ruffled or offended or something, or that we mean to offend you. No one here, as far as I know, intended to try to insult you. This is, for the most part, one of the friendliest gun forums on the web.

I have no doubts that you are who you say you are. I enjoy looking at NFA toys the same way that I enjoy looking at nice cars or hot women. However, I have a lot of respect for your desire not to post pictures.

autosurgeon

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

freakshow10mm wrote:

Well I'd offer my services, but since I'm just a one man microbusiness in the UP with a couple Dillon progressives and more licensing than the other companies, I guess I'm not welcome. I'll post my prices anyway. 9mm FMJ $190/K, 40 S&W, FMJ $226/K, 45 ACP FMJ $278/K.

Tell you what. Send me your address and I'll send you 50rds of 9mm, 40, and 45 to try for free. You can pick any of those calibers or all three and I'll send you a box of 50rds per caliber. If you like them, pay me. If not, they're on me. Worst case they will run you $34.70 plus shipping. I'll eat the 6% sales tax.

Licensed firearm manufacturer
Licensed ammunition manufacturer
Licensed NFA firearm manufacturer

I make ammunition, machine guns, and silencers.
freakshow10mm wrote:
I don't post gun pics on the internet unless they are for sale. I was posting the licensing credentials of my company to show that although ammunition is loaded on Dillon progressives, I have the same or more licensing than the bigger companies. My company has the exact same licensing and privileges that Remington, Browning, etc have. Just so happens I'm a one man operation in the Keweenaw. Guess that ruffled some feathers here and the gun owners here don't want to support a MI business. I'll show myself out. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Ahhh, some of the guys insist on putting newbies (or near-newbies) through some semblance of OCDO hazing.

You impressed me, btw, with your strong offer above. Very nicely done.

Michigander wrote:
Freakshow, it is unfortunate that you are so fast to assume that we're ruffled or offended or something, or that we mean to offend you. No one here, as far as I know, intended to try to insult you. This is, for the most part, one of the friendliest gun forums on the web.
But a bit on the xenophobic side on occasion, I'm sure we can all agree...

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
I get most of my 10mm ammo from http://www.reedsammo.com . He's got a good selection of "non-standard" ammo.
Hows his 10MM ammo?

How do you like the 10MM?

What model gun do you like?

I used to carry a Smith&Wesson Model 1006 loved the gun and sold it, now I regret selling it. I have Pondered the Glock 10MM I have large wide hands so the full sized Glock is what I have considered. I talkd with some Deputies in Alpena few years ago and they liked the Glock 10MM they were issued.

I am uncertain why Hombre1 doesn't like basement ammunition as he referenced. I started relaoding as a teenager and now at my advanced age can say that in the last near 40 years I have had less than 6 misfires and all were due to primers of a certain batch/lot purchase. Other than that I love my loads. So do a number of officers I loaded for. Corbon was once a tiny reloader and so was Lee Jurras of the Super Vel fame. Now I am showing my age with the Lee Jurras reference.
Reed loads his ammo hotter than standard factory ammo, which is typically loaded weak. I have an EAA Steel frame Witness, made by Tanfoglio, which is a slightly bigger clone of the CZ 75. It handles the 10mm loads from Reed's Ammo without any trouble.

When I lived in Marion, Ind, a friend of mine on the local PD had a side business going, where he and another friend basically "re-manufactured" ammo. They sold a lot to the local PD, and I was also a good customer, getting a lot of my target ammo from them, as well as what I normally carried for self-defense. I can say that none of their ammo ever caused a problem, and always functioned flawlessly.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

freakshow10mm wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Does anybody know of a place that sells good, quality factory re-load ammo. By factory reload I mean on good, modern machinery for mass production (not in somebodies basement with a progressive reloader). Online place is fine. Thanks.
Well I'd offer my services, but since I'm just a one man microbusiness in the UP with a couple Dillon progressives and more licensing than the other companies, I guess I'm not welcome. I'll post my prices anyway. 9mm FMJ $190/K, 40 S&W, FMJ $226/K, 45 ACP FMJ $278/K.

Tell you what. Send me your address and I'll send you 50rds of 9mm, 40, and 45 to try for free. You can pick any of those calibers or all three and I'll send you a box of 50rds per caliber. If you like them, pay me. If not, they're on me. Worst case they will run you $34.70 plus shipping. I'll eat the 6% sales tax.

Licensed firearm manufacturer
Licensed ammunition manufacturer
Licensed NFA firearm manufacturer

I make ammunition, machine guns, and silencers.
Well, I don't have a .40 Short & Weak, but do have a 9mm, a .45ACP and a 10mm. I have plenty of 9mm, but I might be interested in .45ACP. When the weather gets better, I want to take some advanced training that a friend of mine in SAFR offers, and I'd like to use my RIA .45 for that.

You don't happen to make 7.62x25mm Tokarev, do you? I also have a CZ-52 that I take out for target shooting once in a while.

freakshow10mm

imported post

I load 9mm, 40, and .45 as standard cartridges. Load .380 and 10mm when I can get brass. Don't have the .380 listed yet on my site, but it's $284/K new ammo using virgin Starline brass, 100gr FMJ. The 10mm is a 180gr FMJ at 1275fps and price for new ammo using virgin Starline brass is $319/K. Right now I'm backordered about 2,600 rounds of 10mm currently. Have 20,000 each .380 and 10mm brass on backorder with Starline. Supposed to be here Thanksgiving 2009, but don't know what's taking them.

I don't load for the Tok, but if you order enough I can get the dies and get some ammo for you. I'm adding the .44 Spl/Mag and .45 Colt shortly as the local gun shop can't find any anywhere.

Load for most every LE agency in three counties around me, Houghton, Baraga, Keweenaw. Freeman's in Hancock stocks my ammo in his shop and I get a couple tables at the two yearly gun shows up here. Haven't ventured much beyond that. Been in business 3 years, one year as a bullet caster/ammo manufacturer and 2 years incorporated as the current company being an 07/02 FFL/SOT. Just a 28yo family man with a 3yo son trying to make a living.

SlowDog

imported post

I have been looking for 380 ammo all over the place and so far NOTHING! Doesn't someone in the area sell 380? If someone see's some please let me know.....thnx

freakshow10mm

imported post

I've got a several hundred here that I have to sort and inspect (I hold the nickel until I get a complete box quantity so they all match) before I load. I'm pretty sure the local gun shop wants everything but I might be able to keep a box of 50rds as a little sample for you. My brass guy should be getting in some more stuff soon and it should include a nice batch of .380. I'll have to see what happens when the dust settles but all his .380 brass is allocated to me so I buy whatever he gets in. Unfortunately his brass price is the same price as new brass, but I can get it. Otherwise I discount the price.

My prices are strictly my exact cost, plus my standard markup; might be some minor fluctuations per batch of ammo that I run but generally they stay within $20/K. I work on low margins so I have to adjust per batch instead of overcharging to compensate for cost fluctuations. This is the fairest way I came up with so far. Most current price will be the price on my website for in stock products.