• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Factory re-load ammo

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Does anybody know of a place that sells good, quality factory re-load ammo. By factory reload I mean on good, modern machinery for mass production (not in somebodies basement with a progressive reloader). Online place is fine. Thanks.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Does anybody know of a place that sells good, quality factory re-load ammo. By factory reload I mean on good, modern machinery for mass production (not in somebodies basement with a progressive reloader). Online place is fine. Thanks.
Georgia Arms and Pro Load are good ones to look at...

Hombre

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Does anybody know of a place that sells good, quality factory re-load ammo.  By factory reload I mean on good, modern machinery for mass production (not in somebodies basement with a progressive reloader).  Online place is fine.  Thanks.
Georgia Arms and Pro Load are good ones to look at...
Thanks.

maustin195

imported post

I have shot Greatlakes ammunition reloads before with good success. They sell at gun shows now but plan to sell directly from their website soon.

manicdevery

imported post

maustin195 wrote:
I have shot Greatlakes ammunition reloads before with good success. They sell at gun shows now but plan to sell directly from their website soon.
I had no problems with their ammo, plus they made a hot loaded round which was fun to shoot but not practical put a couple in your friends glock mag without letting him know. . . priceless.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Ah well when you retire it will be a good hobby to get back to.. I plan to go progressive when I retire so I can really crank em out.
When I retire I plan on spending plenty of time hunting and shooting. So maybe I will get back into it. IDK though, I have too many different calibers to reload. I want to spend at least as much time shooting as reloading.:lol:

manicdevery

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Ah well when you retire it will be a good hobby to get back to.. I plan to go progressive when I retire so I can really crank em out.
When I retire I plan on spending plenty of time hunting and shooting. So maybe I will get back into it. IDK though, I have too many different calibers to reload. I want to spend at least as much time shooting as reloading.:lol:
My first gun was a 9, then i got my .40, i just recently got a .45. the prices keep going up. me and my dad are going to be getting started on reloading our own this spring. it will be good to spend some time with the pops, and ever since i bought him his glock 23, he is waiting for reasons to plink around/reload.

freakshow10mm

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Well I'd offer my services, but since I'm just a one man microbusiness in the UP with a couple Dillon progressives and more licensing than the other companies, I guess I'm not welcome. I'll post my prices anyway. 9mm FMJ $190/K, 40 S&W, FMJ $226/K, 45 ACP FMJ $278/K.

Tell you what. Send me your address and I'll send you 50rds of 9mm, 40, and 45 to try for free. You can pick any of those calibers or all three and I'll send you a box of 50rds per caliber. If you like them, pay me. If not, they're on me. Worst case they will run you $34.70 plus shipping. I'll eat the 6% sales tax.

Licensed firearm manufacturer
Licensed ammunition manufacturer
Licensed NFA firearm manufacturer

I make ammunition, machine guns, and silencers.

Michigander

imported post

freakshow, I load all my own ammo, so I couldn't care less about your ammo prices and such.

However, PLEASE don't just be a tease and tell us in passing that you are a NFA manufacturer. You need to post pictures and/or videos of some of your production items!!!

:celebrate

freakshow10mm

imported post

Nah, I think I'll let you squirm in your chair at all the stuff I have made. I make everything from machine pistols to belt fed crew served full auto. Working on an AK machine pistol right now simply because I'm bored and I can do it.

Michigander

imported post

Sorry, but I've been around the block enough times not to squirm over any gun related gear. :p

Still, pics or it didn't happen. :D