Thread: FOR SALE: Israeli level IIIA concealable bullet resistant vest

Post imported post

PRICE REDUCED TO $280

I recall some posters here expressing interest in a bulletproof vest. I no longer work security on the north side of Kalamazoo so I have no reason to keep the one I have.

This vest is like new. I only wore it for a few months. Size medium. I am 5'10" 170lbs and it fits me great with tons of room for a larger person (it's adjustable).

This is my roommate modeling the vest. He just woke up!

For sale in Kalamazoo. Local pickup preferred.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

How effective are these vests and what caliber(s) can they resist?

Post imported post

Short answer: it's rated up to .44 magnum.

Longer answer:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_vest

Level IIIA

"New armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 448 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1470 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). Conditioned armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 430 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1410 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 408 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1340 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, and II]."

You can find more information online, but there are the basics for you.

As I said before, this is almost new. I only wore it for a few months.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Short answer: it's rated up to .44 magnum.

Longer answer:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_vest

Level IIIA

"New armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 448 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1470 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). Conditioned armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 430 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1410 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 408 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1340 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, and II]."

You can find more information online, but there are the basics for you.

As I said before, this is almost new. I only wore it for a few months.
    What about if those rounds above are sprayed with Pam
    uhh...

I have no idea?

:?

Post imported post

Give you an oily barrel :what::celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    Between the Soo and New Buffalo, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    That vest looks really HOT to wear for any period of time.:shock: Israeli stuff is usually pretty good though cause the ********** are always shootin' at the Jews.

Post imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    That vest looks really HOT to wear for any period of time.:shock: Israeli stuff is usually pretty good though cause the ********** are always shootin' at the Jews.
    Oh and raciest. I didn't know we tolerated this kind of stuff on here, are we going to let this guy soil OCDO?

This will cost you $0.02!

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Alright...somehow I had it in my head that "bulletproof" vests were illegal for civilian use in Michigan. Anyone?
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

Only if you are a felon or are planning to use it in the commission of an unlawful act...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Only if you are a felon or are planning to use it in the commission of an unlawful act...
    Neat! I'd heard quite a while ago that it was illegal for civilian use and I just took that info for true. Never looked into it. Neat! Thanks, Ry.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Reported.

Post imported post

He's already been banned. Again.

Idiot. :quirky

Some people don't learn the first time.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    He's already been banned. Again.

Idiot. :quirky

Some people don't learn the first time.
    I'm not banned, Einstein.

Post imported post

No? Pity. Keep it up and you will be.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned

Post imported post

Oh. OK. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. You're a great guy. Top of the line. First rate. Class act.

Post imported post

Ignorant is, as ignorance posts.

He or should i say she will never get it. This person will never play well with others .

Even on 4x4 he is not every welcome the things they say, oh the things they say.

That is why he is here so he can get attention from us as he is lonely.COA virus

Post imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
    Oh. OK. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. You're a great guy. Top of the line. First rate. Class act.
    He just keeps trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling...

Post imported post

Bump!

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

if you have it come may...its mine!...if not then oh well
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

PRICE REDUCED TO $280

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    Hombre1 wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Oh and raciest. I didn't know we tolerated this kind of stuff on here, are we going to let this guy soil OCDO?

This will cost you $0.02!

God Bless
    and besides, these towlies you speak of pretty typically have ak variants or other commie rifles more than capable of blasting a healthy hole through a IIIA anyways.

I know. I've tried. x39 = warm knife.

That said... I'd like to have me one of these. [most thugs aren't gonna run up and jack my wallet carrying a FAL]