• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOR SALE: Israeli level IIIA concealable bullet resistant vest

EM87

imported post

PRICE REDUCED TO $280

I recall some posters here expressing interest in a bulletproof vest. I no longer work security on the north side of Kalamazoo so I have no reason to keep the one I have.

This vest is like new. I only wore it for a few months. Size medium. I am 5'10" 170lbs and it fits me great with tons of room for a larger person (it's adjustable).

P2210001-1.jpg

P2210002.jpg

This is my roommate modeling the vest. He just woke up!
P2210003.jpg

For sale in Kalamazoo. Local pickup preferred.

EM87

imported post

Short answer: it's rated up to .44 magnum.

Longer answer:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_vest

Level IIIA

"New armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 448 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1470 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). Conditioned armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 430 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1410 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 408 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1340 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, and II]."

You can find more information online, but there are the basics for you.

As I said before, this is almost new. I only wore it for a few months.

EM87

imported post

T Vance wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Short answer: it's rated up to .44 magnum.

Longer answer:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_vest

Level IIIA

"New armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 448 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1470 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). Conditioned armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 430 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1410 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 408 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1340 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, and II]."

You can find more information online, but there are the basics for you.

As I said before, this is almost new. I only wore it for a few months.
What about if those rounds above are sprayed with Pam

uhh...

I have no idea?

:?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Give you an oily barrel :uhoh::what::celebrate
That vest looks really HOT to wear for any period of time.:shock: Israeli stuff is usually pretty good though cause the towelheads are always shootin' at the Jews.

eastmeyers

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Give you an oily barrel :uhoh::what::celebrate
That vest looks really HOT to wear for any period of time.:shock: Israeli stuff is usually pretty good though cause the towelheads are always shootin' at the Jews.

Oh and raciest. I didn't know we tolerated this kind of stuff on here, are we going to let this guy soil OCDO?

This will cost you $0.02!

God Bless

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Only if you are a felon or are planning to use it in the commission of an unlawful act...
Neat! I'd heard quite a while ago that it was illegal for civilian use and I just took that info for true. Never looked into it. Neat! Thanks, Ry.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Oh. OK. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. You're a great guy. Top of the line. First rate. Class act.;)

mastiff69

imported post

Ignorant is, as ignorance posts.

He or should i say she will never get it. This person will never play well with others .

Even on 4x4 he is not every welcome the things they say, oh the things they say.

That is why he is here so he can get attention from us as he is lonely.COA virus

G

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Oh. OK. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. You're a great guy. Top of the line. First rate. Class act.;)
He just keeps trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling...