• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KING 5 News report on guns-in-parks deceptive!

Machoduck

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I bet King 5 supports the Brady Campaign.
Of course they do! They're Progressives and they're conditioned to accept any group, such as the Brady Campaign to Promote Gun Violence, if that group proposes to make our life decisions for us. However, if asked they would deny that they support Brady, citing a non-existent objectivity.

MD

Dave Workman

imported post

Gentlemen, please don't be so quick to presume KING supports (or opposes) anything or anyone.

Let's deal with what we KNOW as opposed to what we suspect.

Bovaloe

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Gentlemen, please don't be so quick to presume KING supports (or opposes) anything or anyone.

Ok, so we know that King 5 wants to make it look like the national parks are going to be turned into makeshift shooting ranges with all the associated expended shotgun shells, brass, and all kinds of junk with holes in it.

antispam540

imported post

Bovaloe wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Ok, so we know that King 5 wants to make it look like the national parks are going to be turned into makeshift shooting ranges with all the associated expended shotgun shells, brass, and all kinds of junk with holes in it.
Not necessarily - you're still assigning motive. All we know is that they *did* make it look like national parks are going to be turned into shooting ranges. They may really think that's the way things are going to be. On the other hand, they may think that nobody with a gun is going to visit the parks, but they want the public to think the world's going to end. There's no way of knowing what their motive was.

FMCDH

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Bovaloe wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Not necessarily - you're still assigning motive. All we know is that they *did* make it look like national parks are going to be turned into shooting ranges. They may really think that's the way things are going to be. On the other hand, they may think that nobody with a gun is going to visit the parks, but they want the public to think the world's going to end. There's no way of knowing what their motive was.
Or, the story editor was just a goof who fancies himself " artistically insightful". :quirky;)

crunch14

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Or, the story editor was just a goof who fancies himself " artistically insightful". :quirky;)

I'm thinking the same thing. Although I find it funny that they didn't mention the fact that all National Parks willbe conforming with their respective state weapons laws. But I may just be nit-picking?

As a side note... Yellowstone falls in the borders of 3 different states, so does it conform to the most stringent of those 3 or is it still on a state by state basis?

*edit* spelling

PavePusher

imported post

crunch14 wrote:
FMCDH wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. Although I find it funny that they didn't mention the fact that all National Parks willbe conforming with their respective state weapons laws. But I may just be nit-picking?

As a side note... Yellowstone falls in the borders of 3 different states, so does it conform to the most stringent of those 3 or is it still on a state by state basis?

*edit* spelling
The state border is the controlling factor. You are under the laws of the state that your feet are in.

kparker

imported post

The Peninsula Daily News got one thing, right, but then they got his wrong:

Washington state allows firearms on its regular parks if the carrier has a concealed-weapons permit.

As of Monday, anyone with the proper paperwork can bring those guns to Olympic, Mount Rainier and North Cascades national parks.

That's only partly true: it omits that unlicensed open carry is also legal outside vehicles. (Yeah, yeah, you already know this, but how many of the their other readers will make the mental correction?)

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Dave did you have anytime to prepare what you were going to say. I wouldn't have even brought up the word militia. What a stupid move that was. You really bobbled that sound bite. I'm glad I haven't sent your group any money, or maybe I should so you can get some coaching before you go on tv and act like Elmer Fudd. You could have said how much more law abiding ccw and OCers are then the average citizen. You could have pointed out the two women that were murder on the trail in snohomish or any of the other victims of crime that happen in the woods. Women can go hiking and not worry about being attacked by mountian lions or rapists or ex husbands or boyfriend. You could have done alot better. Please take this as a learning experience. Otherwise you just make us all look like Elmer Fudd.If this is the best the 2nd AD foundation can do, you guys got along way to go before you get any of my money.

FMCDH

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
Dave did you have anytime to prepare what you were going to say. I wouldn't have even brought up the word militia. What a stupid move that was. You really bobbled that sound bite. I'm glad I haven't sent your group any money, or maybe I should so you can get some coaching before you go on tv and act like Elmer Fudd. You could have said how much more law abiding ccw and OCers are then the average citizen. You could have pointed out the two women that were murder on the trail in snohomish or any of the other victims of crime that happen in the woods. Women can go hiking and not worry about being attacked by mountian lions or rapists or ex husbands or boyfriend. You could have done alot better. Please take this as a learning experience. Otherwise you just make us all look like Elmer Fudd.If this is the best the 2nd AD foundation can do, you guys got along way to go before you get any of my money.
In all fairness, and in Daves defense (and I doubt he needs me to defend him) he dosnt get to pick what part or parts of his interview gets used for a news broadcast.

Its obvious by the way they cut away that he wasn't done with his statements.

When you get your entire, flawless, and uncut/unedited statement on the news, you let us know.

Machoduck

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:

Are we limited in our judgments to facts gathered in the last 24 hours or are we allowed to make use of 25 years of observation. In the last 25 years of my watching, KING has built a reputation. It may not be the reputation they want. I understand that they look at things through the lens of modern Journalism where I look through the lens of Objectivism and Constitutionality.

Ben Franklin said, ''reputation is easily broken and not well mended.'' Reputation is something in the minds of those who know you or have heard about you. Thus, your ideas concerning the opinions of others may be skewed by a value system different from theirs. I think that you can see the basis for my differing view of their reputation from theirs and perhaps yours.

MD

Dave Workman

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Are we limited in our judgments to facts gathered in the last 24 hours or are we allowed to make use of 25 years of observation. In the last 25 years of my watching, KING has built a reputation. It may not be the reputation they want. I understand that they look at things through the lens of modern Journalism where I look through the lens of Objectivism and Constitutionality.

Ben Franklin said, ''reputation is easily broken and not well mended.'' Reputation is something in the minds of those who know you or have heard about you. Thus, your ideas concerning the opinions of others may be skewed by a value system different from theirs. I think that you can see the basis for my differing view of their reputation from theirs and perhaps yours.

MD
Well, if I thought KING was spotless, I'd never have done the column with the video link. ;)

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Fmcdh, Tell me something I don't know. You Know the field and the angles, and you put something short and direct, that they can't edit around. And as far as my message to the media its been direct, and holding them accountable for not doing fair an honest, balanced reporting. I've protested outside of Komo 4 about them not reporting the positive gun stories, andthey give Deros more coverage and become more fair in their reporting. I'm not looking to get on the news, I'm looking to change their behavior. They fear what their image is in the community, when you point out thier lies in front of their studio, infront of the tourists and public they clean up their act. The problem is there isn't alot of traffic in front of King 5 studio's because they are located on Dexter and Aurora, So any protest won't get alot of attention.

I know Dave does interviews alot, and he comes across very friendly and authentic, but you can always hone your technic to drive a stake thru the heart of the anti gunners, like Pam Roche did to the Bellevue chief.

amzbrady

imported post

Dave, I thought you did an awesome interview. I couldnt have done better, I dont like public speaking and would have sounded like porky pig. (probably look like him too :^)

Dave Workman

imported post

FMCDH wrote:

In all fairness, and in Daves defense (and I doubt he needs me to defend him) he dosnt get to pick what part or parts of his interview gets used for a news broadcast.

When you get your entire, flawless, and uncut/unedited statement on the news, you let us know.

Actually, I did discuss the murders of Mary Cooper and her daughter, Susanna Stodden (I remember their names when others evidently do not; I wonder why that is?) and I also mentioned murders that have occurred along the Appalachian trail.

We discussed a great deal, including the fact that violent criminals do not call ahead and make appointments, violent crime does not happen on a pre-arranged schedule, and in the back country, there is no "9-1-1" and help isn't coming in a dire emergency.

That's the clip KING used, and frankly, there was nothing inaccurate about what I stated in that clip.

amlevin

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
FMCDH wrote:

Actually, I did discuss the murders of Mary Cooper and her daughter, Susanna Stodden (I remember their names when others evidently do not; I wonder why that is?) and I also mentioned murders that have occurred along the Appalachian trail.

We discussed a great deal, including the fact that violent criminals do not call ahead and make appointments, violent crime does not happen on a pre-arranged schedule, and in the back country, there is no "9-1-1" and help isn't coming in a dire emergency.

That's the clip KING used, and frankly, there was nothing inaccurate about what I stated in that clip.
Let's not overlook the murders of 4 women in Yosemite Park (2000). And on and so forth..