• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Argue with the cop

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry. Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.

EM87

imported post

You weren't spoiling my thread! I just prefer to keep off-topic discussion to a minimum. As long as you're not trolling, I appreciate your presence here and your input.

Personally, I would not argue with a LEO. I would not allow them to search me or take my property. If they tried to do so illegally, I would let them know that I do not consent but that I will not resist. Hopefully I would have a recorder on me at the time.

office888

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry. Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.
Welcome back.

In before you're banned for trolling again.

:lol:

I mean, come on, at least HankT is subtle about it...

range010.jpg

(this thread needed SOMETHING firearms related...)

-Richard-

Hombre

Banned
imported post

EM87 wrote:
You weren't spoiling my thread! I just prefer to keep off-topic discussion to a minimum. As long as you're not trolling, I appreciate your presence here and your input.

Personally, I would not argue with a LEO. I would not allow them to search me or take my property. If they tried to do so illegally, I would let them know that I do not consent but that I will not resist. Hopefully I would have a recorder on me at the time.
And that would be the proper way to deal with a situation.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:

Thanks.
The part I added red to in your post..............

You know... some LEO's take umbrage with OC'ers when what an officer thinks is constructive criticism isn't received well by the OC'ers.

And some OC'ers take umbrage with what they think is constructive criticism isn't received well by the LEOs.

So... why on earth would you "load the issue" right from the get go by inciting exactly what you are complaining about by "fishing" for "anti-cop rhetoric"?

You said in a different post that you are here on this forum to help folks. Well Sir.... taking a confrontational attitude right from the start is not the way to engender positive responses.

Or are you attempting to control the general tone of responses to you... a self professed LEO... to keep those responses negative to satisfy an agenda of inciting negativity towards LE so open carriers will be portrayed in a negative fashion? Hoping to prove your own attitude that open carriers are less than respectable members of society?

If you wish to have a civil discussion concerning how open carry impacts the public and LE I, and many others, are quite willing to do exactly that........

But if you wish to just play a "cop vs open carriers" game hoping to bait folks into cop bashing I believe you will discover that open carrying folks are wise to that Saul Alinsky tactic.

sasha601

imported post

You are either misunderstand people on this forumwho discuss how to deal with"bad" copsencounters, or you just want us to loolk like cop bashers. The fact that a lot of police misconductis being discussed on this forumdoes not mean that we beleive all cops are bad. I personnally beleive that most cops are good. It is just enough bad cops out there for people to be concerned and be prepared.

Unfortunately, OCs have much higher chance to encounter a police officer than any other citizen out on the streets. At least in Michigan and at least presently. Naturally, we have to discuss how to deal with it. When enough cops and public gets educated andperception will become more like in Arizona., then we will have less reason to discuss "bad" cops encounters.

Hombre1 wrote:

Thanks.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

My biggest problem is that cops are condecending. They forget that they work for us, They forget We the people, and our rights.

We have a country to have a country, not a government. The people would do well without a government, but a government would not exist without a people.

When I am on cop forums they come out rude and controlling. When they speak about rights, its usually sarcastic, the worg rights is often used in parenthasees, or quotes----"Mah Raaaghts" --- or ===the"right" to keep and bear..---- you see. This is offensive to us, the first thing we think of is the oath that the police take.

Many cops think we are a bunch of rednecks, and extremests.

I have a big problem when a cop cant leave his job at work. We had one on here who thought he was going to go around moderating our threads! We needed to talk about long guns because one of our members caused a stir, doing the right thing the wrong way, and we were discussing it. The owners decided to discourage long gun carry, but we needed to discuss it from a legal point of veiw as well so we could learn how to stay out of jail for one thing, and how to deal with the LEO and the puiblic. Well, this hotshot thought he was going to start policing our threads. Not received well. He thought that "following the rules" was more important than allowing us to learn that we could do this legally, and us learning what the laws were.

mikestilly

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
My biggest problem is that cops are condecending. They forget that they work for us, They forget We the people, and our rights.

We have a country to have a country, not a government. The people would do well without a government, but a government would not exist without a people.

When I am on  cop forums they come out rude and controlling. When they speak about rights, its usually sarcastic, the worg rights is often used in parenthasees, or quotes----"Mah Raaaghts" --- or ===the"right" to keep and bear..---- you see. This is offensive to us, the first thing we think of is the oath that the police take. 

I have a big problem when a cop cant leave his job at work. We had one on here who thought he was going to go around moderating our threads! We needed to talk about long guns because one of our members caused a stir, doing the right thing the wrong way, and we were discussing it. The owners decided to discourage long gun carry, but we needed to discuss it from a legal point of veiw as well so we could learn how to stay out of jail for one thing, and how to deal with the LEO and the puiblic. Well, this hotshot thought he was going to start policing our threads. Not received well. He thought that "following the rules" was more important than allowing us to learn that we could do this legally, and us learning what the laws were.

Stainless, I hate to break the news to you. But that officer.com forum is mostly posters whom are not officers.

manicdevery

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
EM87 wrote:

And that would be the proper way to deal with a situation.
+1

jeremy05

imported post

sounds like another LEO taking internet threads personally. Same kind of person that cant leave his problems at work.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry.  Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.
The part I added red to in your post..............

You know... some LEO's take umbrage with OC'ers when what an officer thinks is constructive criticism isn't received well by the OC'ers.

And some OC'ers take umbrage with what they think is constructive criticism isn't received well by the LEOs.

So... why on earth would you "load the issue" right from the get go by inciting exactly what you are complaining about by "fishing" for "anti-cop rhetoric"?

You said in a different post that you are here on this forum to help folks. Well Sir.... taking a confrontational attitude right from the start is not the way to engender positive responses.

Or are you attempting to control the general tone of responses to you... a self professed LEO... to keep those responses negative to satisfy an agenda of inciting negativity towards LE so open carriers will be portrayed in a negative fashion? Hoping to prove your own attitude that open carriers are less than respectable members of society?

If you wish to have a civil discussion concerning how open carry impacts the public and LE I, and many others, are quite willing to do exactly that........

But if you wish to just play a "cop vs open carriers" game hoping to bait folks into cop bashing I believe you will discover that open carrying folks are wise to that Saul Alinsky tactic.
Point taken. I do want to help.

DanM

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread

Never seen anti-cop rhetoric around here, and never seen an anti-cop person here.

Seen some anti-bad cop posts, but shouldn't we all be anti-bad cop?

From what I've seen, regular members here all support and appreciate proper law enforcement and the professional officers who do a professional job of it.

I challenge you to point to any "anti-cop rhetoric" around here that comes from a regular member and isn't associated with posting or commenting about an unprofessional law-enforcement incident.

ghostrider

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:

When I am on cop forums they come out rude and controlling. When they speak about rights, its usually sarcastic, the worg rights is often used in parenthasees, or quotes----"Mah Raaaghts" --- or ===the"right" to keep and bear..---- you see. This is offensive to us, the first thing we think of is the oath that the police take.

This folks, is cop-bashing. Had he worded it in a manner to be inclusive instead of exclusive then it would have been a comment about how some officers can be. As worded, it is a general reference, and is unfair.

Personally, I think Hombre1 has the potential to be a good addition to our forum, and appreciate his efforts. I will say that he seems to do a little of what I criticize above (that isn't cop-bashing, it's constructive criticism of hombre1);).

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I wasnt trying to bash cops as a whole, possibly the reputation they as a group that they have failed to defeat, but not cops as a whole. One in particular who wanted to police the threads, yes, but not all.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Point taken. I do want to help.
In that case Sir... I look forward to interesting, informative (hopefully in both directions:)), and civil discussions with you.