• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Argue with the cop

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
This folks, is cop-bashing. Had he worded it in a manner to be inclusive instead of exclusive then it would have been a comment about how some officers can be. As worded, it is a general reference, and is unfair.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

ghostrider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
This folks, is cop-bashing. Had he worded it in a manner to be inclusive instead of exclusive then it would have been a comment about how some officers can be. As worded, it is a general reference, and is unfair.
NO, I qualified it enough. When you attack the person instead of the argument, then you are no better.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

ghostrider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
NO, I qualified it enough. When you attack the person instead of the argument, then you are no better.
Well, I don't know that I would have called the post you quoted and called "cop bashing" that. I would say it was not qualified enough in it's statement. It should have read "some cops," as a way to qualify that not all cops are that way.

Still, I guess it's a matter of perspective, and opinion.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
Well, I don't know that I would have called the post you quoted and called "cop bashing" that.  I would say it was not qualified enough in it's statement.  It should have read "some cops," as a way to qualify that not all cops are that way.

This was my point.

Something which merely lacked precise qualification is all of a sudden inferred to be a personal attack.

What might this suggest? ;)

That's what I was getting at with my misquoted Shakespeare.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
Well, I don't know that I would have called the post you quoted and called "cop bashing" that. I would say it was not qualified enough in it's statement. It should have read "some cops," as a way to qualify that not all cops are that way.

This was my point.

Something which merely lacked precise qualification is all of a sudden inferred to be a personal attack.

Ok, you got me there. :)

ghostrider

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:

That is exactly why I qualified it with a example of better wording it. Actually, it was more for the OP's benefit, than to belittle or criticize stainless1911. More of a, "This, would be cop-bashing, as opposed to what is normal around here."

I didn't think stainless1911 meant it as all inclusive. I was just contrasting the wording. Nevertheless, as often as things are taken out of context, it doesn't view well to paint with a broad brush, even if unintentionally. Image is important, and right now those who OC in Michigan need to maintain a stellar one.

ghostrider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
ghostrider wrote:

This was my point.

My point as well. Which is why I qualified it the way I did.

G

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry. Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.
This is not anti-cop rhetoric.

First, no respectful police officer uses the derogatory slang term "cop" when refering to another officer.

Commenting about you is not "anti-cop" rhetoric, because it is highly doubtful that you are a sworn police officer, based on your lack of mental capacity.

At best you may have been a reserve Detroit officer. But that is highly doubtful.

Nope, you are nothing more than a FUDD (2).

And that isn't "anti-cop".

Maybe a former security guard at the welfare clinic.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Personally, I would not argue with a LEO. I would not allow them to search me or take my property. If they tried to do so illegally, I would let them know that I do not consent but that I will not resist. Hopefully I would have a recorder on me at the time.
And that would be the proper way to deal with a situation.
Tactically appropriate, maybe, given the force and numbers available to cops.

But, proper? No.

Proper would be to get 8-10 friends afterwards and wear him out with a good light beating. Then knock the stuffing out of whoever trained the LEO to be so casual about violatingthe 4th Amendment rights (search and seizure) of other Americans. Then dock two weeks pay from every other cop in the department that tolerated that behavior from that cop.

That would be proper.

When the Blue Wall of Silence comes down and all police start giving rights their correct importance instead of treating them like barriers to be gotten over and around, or tolerating violations by other cops, then we will all be that much safer.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry. Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.

First, no respectful police officer uses the derogatory slang term "cop" when refering to another officer.

Commenting about you is not "anti-cop" rhetoric, because it is highly doubtful that you are a sworn police officer, based on your lack of mental capacity.

At best you may have been a reserve Detroit officer. But that is highly doubtful.

Unfortunately, that is not a disqualifier for the position of a law enforcement officer. I have seen and met several that are couple quarters shy of a full dollar. Their confidence in their actions more than made up for their inability to think, however. Not throwing a blanket statement, here. I'm just pointing out that more than a few get in who are slightly cognitively challenged.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

Thanks.

You seriously need to get back on your meds. Your bi-polar is showing.

G

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

Thanks.

And your slip is showing.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
Apparently my presence here has caused a few people to become angry.  Instead of spoiling everybody's thread that I post in, maybe we could just keep the anti-cop rhetoric in this thread?

Thanks.

You seriously need to get back on your meds.  Your bi-polar is showing.
O.K. I'll admit it.......that made me laugh.:lol:

ghostrider

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

Thanks.

O.K. I'll admit it.......that made me laugh.:lol:
Something tells me the two of you would get along quite well.