• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison OC - Travis Yates case update

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Madison Municipal Court told me this morning that the city ordinance disorderly conduct charge against Travis Yates was dismissed last week (2/17/2010.)

The city attorney agreed to dismiss charges because Mr. Yates "had no prior record, was cooperative with the police, and had received no further tickets."

Read into that any way you wish. Personally, I believe they dropped charges because simply because they knew they had no case and would not have prevailed in court.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Lammie, I believe you are correct.

The only damage they figured they could probably do is to drag it out and run up attorney fees for Mr. Yates. So instead of taking the high road and promptly dropping the charges against Travis, they kept it hanging over his head as long as they could.

They undoubtedly knew his plans to move out of Madison and waited until he was "out of Dodge" before dropping their "case."

oak1971

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
The only damage they figured they could probably do is to drag it out and run up attorney fees for Mr. Yates. So instead of taking the high road and promptly dropping the charges against Travis, they kept it hanging over his head as long as they could.

That is a common tactic used by prosecutors. Not exclusive to OC issues.