• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in san bernardino county

halo6941

imported post

has anyone ever OCed in Rancho Cucamonga before? I only ask that because Im thinking about doing it and want to know if its been done. The police in this city are alittle on your a@$ about everything.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

halo6941 wrote:
has anyone ever OCed in Rancho Cucamonga before? I only ask that because Im thinking about doing it and want to know if its been done. The police in this city are alittle on your a@$ about everything.
Does San Bernadino ban all shooting in its unincorporated areas? that is the key as to whether you can open carry loaded in the National Forests of california.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

halo6941 wrote:
where wouldI be able to find info if they ban it or not?

Most counties have their municiple code posted online, and roughly half of them have it set up so you can search by keyword.

If your county code isn't a searchable one, it's gonna take a lot of time reading through the code to be certain it's not there... have fun.

wewd

imported post

Yes I have UOCed in Rancho Cucamonga. The city contracts with San Bernardino Sheriff's Office and their officers should all know the drill on UOC. Never had an encounter with them, though. When we had a meetup at Bass Pro Shops last year, they were notified and said that while they were aware of our group, they did not feel it necessary to make contact and e-check us.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

fasttimes wrote:

Interesting stuff.

12.011 appears to be what we're looking for here.

12.012 is preempted by state law

12.013 may also be preempted (and in fact duplicates much of the statute almost ver batum).

fasttimes

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
12.011 appears to be what we're looking for here.

12.012 is preempted by state law

12.013 may also be preempted (and in fact duplicates much of the statute almost ver batum).
Hope someone eventually makes a map from the boundary descriptions in 12.011. Wow, that looks like a ton of work!

12.011(a) - (h) and (j) describe the boundaries for nine "shotgun only" areas.
12.011(i) describes a single "everything but shotgun" area? I have never read of such a thing.

12.012 says you cannot carry a loaded rifle or shotgun (no mention of pistol!) in eight of the nine shotgun areas (a) - (h) or you cannot carry a loaded shotgun in the one "everything but shotgun" area (i) (again, no restriction on pistols!) Also note, there seems to be no restriction on carrying any firearm loaded in the ninth shotgun area (j).

I'm confused. :banghead:

oc4ever

imported post

It appears the loaded shotgun restrictions only applies to shotguns loaded with slugs, not regular OO buck ammo.