Thread: My Apologies to the Board

Banned

Post imported post

I have carried concealed many times in the past but after meeting with all of you fine ladies and gentlemen in Sussex I see the importance of what we are trying to do and will forgo a bit of personal protection in the future in order to ensure that I don't run afoul of the law.

I look forward to working with and for all of you in the future and serving the cause and will OC as much as practicable instead of breaking the law.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

It was great to meet you yesterday Spartacus. Thanks for taking the time to make the trek from La Crosse. Look forward to many more events in the future!

Nik Clark
    Chairman - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Huh?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX

Post imported post

carry concealed alll you want on (private) property owned by you.

Post imported post

I do.

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    I have carried concealed many times in the past but after meeting with all of you fine ladies and gentlemen in Sussex I see the importance of what we are trying to do and will forgo a bit of personal protection in the future in order to ensure that I don't run afoul of the law.

I look forward to working with and for all of you in the future and serving the cause and will OC as much as practicable instead of breaking the law.

Well, this is a good example of how sharing ideas, values and principles can result in an upgrading of our performance as law abiding citizens.

OCDO and most ofits members often do that.

It's much, much better for us as 2A/gun/carry advocates to follow existing gun laws rather than to violate them simply because we feel like it.

Hopefully, the existing carry laws in Wisconsin will soon be changed to be inline with the vast majority of these United States of America.

Post imported post

Spartacus, I was a great pleasure to meet you.

Thank you for that post. Glad to have you on board, cuz, WE NEED GUYS LIKE YOU.

Post imported post

I respect your determination and bravery sir, to stand with us all in this fight to keep and take back our freedom and liberty. I count you as a friend.

Hardballer.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    I respect your determination and bravery sir, to stand with us all in this fight to keep and take back our freedom and liberty. I count you as a friend.

Hardballer.
    Very well put.

Post imported post

Thanks again for showing up Spartacus.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    carry concealed alll you want on (private) property owned by you.
    It was nice to meet you and your great boys in Sussex McX, but you and Oak are mistaken here. You surely may carry CC anywhere, but it is ALWAYS illegal.

I was on my own land and charged with CC during a land dispute and was found not guilty by a reasonable doubt.

Banned

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    Thanks again for showing up Spartacus.
    Anytime Brother. I can safely say I got as much out of the event as anyone here.

Post imported post

We probably met, but I can't keep people straight with their "handles" worth a crap

+1 for the sentiment that you always have been one of us and you weren't judged by previous beliefs. I'm all for civil disobedience myself. Open Carry is a form of it. Some laws are bad, unjust, and downright dangerous.

If tomorrow they outlawed free speech unless you had a government license...would we all stop posting on here to be compliant? Of course not.

So it's just a crazy balance between following unjust laws and finding other ways to change them vs. standing up even against the law. I think we have all we need with open carry - I think it's more effective civil disobedience than concealed even. No one can see concealed

Post imported post

That is a truly insane law. What Statute applies there?

Here is what I found

941.23 - ANNOT.
    The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are possessed and used. It is constitutional under Art. I, s. 25. Only if the public benefit in the exercise of the police power is substantially outweighed by an individual's need to conceal a weapon in the exercise of the right to bear arms will an otherwise valid restriction on that right be unconstitutional, as applied. The right to keep and bear arms for security, as a general matter, must permit a person to possess, carry, and sometimes conceal arms to maintain the security of a private residence or privately operated business, and to safely move and store weapons within those premises. State v. Hamdan, 2003 WI 113, 264 Wis. 2d 433, 665 N.W.2d 785, 01-0056. See also State v. Cole, 2003 WI 112, 264 Wis. 2d 520, 665 N.W.2d 328, 01-0350.