• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Apologies to the Board

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

I have carried concealed many times in the past but after meeting with all of you fine ladies and gentlemen in Sussex I see the importance of what we are trying to do and will forgo a bit of personal protection in the future in order to ensure that I don't run afoul of the law.

I look forward to working with and for all of you in the future and serving the cause and will OC as much as practicable instead of breaking the law.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

It was great to meet you yesterday Spartacus. Thanks for taking the time to make the trek from La Crosse. Look forward to many more events in the future!

Nik Clark
Chairman - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

M

McX

imported post

carry concealed alll you want on (private) property owned by you. ;)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
I have carried concealed many times in the past but after meeting with all of you fine ladies and gentlemen in Sussex I see the importance of what we are trying to do and will forgo a bit of personal protection in the future in order to ensure that I don't run afoul of the law.

I look forward to working with and for all of you in the future and serving the cause and will OC as much as practicable instead of breaking the law.

Well, this is a good example of how sharing ideas, values and principles can result in an upgrading of our performance as law abiding citizens.

OCDO and most ofits members often do that.

It's much, much better for us as 2A/gun/carry advocates to follow existing gun laws rather than to violate them simply because we feel like it.

Hopefully, the existing carry laws in Wisconsin will soon be changed to be inline with the vast majority of these United States of America.

hardballer

imported post

I respect your determination and bravery sir, to stand with us all in this fight to keep and take back our freedom and liberty. I count you as a friend.

Hardballer.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
carry concealed alll you want on (private) property owned by you. ;)

It was nice to meet you and your great boys in Sussex McX, but you and Oak are mistaken here. You surely may carry CC anywhere, but it is ALWAYS illegal.

I was on my own land and charged with CC during a land dispute and was found not guilty by a reasonable doubt.

SAK

imported post

We probably met, but I can't keep people straight with their "handles" worth a crap :D

+1 for the sentiment that you always have been one of us and you weren't judged by previous beliefs. I'm all for civil disobedience myself. Open Carry is a form of it. Some laws are bad, unjust, and downright dangerous.

If tomorrow they outlawed free speech unless you had a government license...would we all stop posting on here to be compliant? Of course not.

So it's just a crazy balance between following unjust laws and finding other ways to change them vs. standing up even against the law. I think we have all we need with open carry - I think it's more effective civil disobedience than concealed even. No one can see concealed :D

oak1971

imported post

That is a truly insane law. What Statute applies there?

Here is what I found

941.23 - ANNOT.
The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are possessed and used. It is constitutional under Art. I, s. 25. Only if the public benefit in the exercise of the police power is substantially outweighed by an individual's need to conceal a weapon in the exercise of the right to bear arms will an otherwise valid restriction on that right be unconstitutional, as applied. The right to keep and bear arms for security, as a general matter, must permit a person to possess, carry, and sometimes conceal arms to maintain the security of a private residence or privately operated business, and to safely move and store weapons within those premises. State v. Hamdan, 2003 WI 113, 264 Wis. 2d 433, 665 N.W.2d 785, 01-0056. See also State v. Cole, 2003 WI 112, 264 Wis. 2d 520, 665 N.W.2d 328, 01-0350.