• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

China-Wok "Thank You"

anmut

imported post

In regards to yesterdays rally and the subsequent lunch at China-Wok, could someone post their address and a possibly a contact name?

I think it would be a great gesture to send out a dozen or so thank you letters for supporting our rights. They should come from all of us whether you were there or not if possible.

On top of that, I'd like to see one of the local open carry websites possibly start a database of friendly businesses. It would be great where to know I could spend my money at when on the road.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

anmut wrote:
On top of that, I'd like to see one of the local open carry websites possibly start a database of friendly businesses. It would be great where to know I could spend my money at when on the road.
I'm actually working on a website for a class, and I need to include a database in this website. My goal is to have a database of friendly/non-friendly businesses in Wisconsin.

This project is due in 4 weeks and I have NO clue how to integrate a database into a website. I can make an HTML website, but much more than that and I'm lost. If I get this to work...I will definitely share it with WI Carry Inc to get it on that website.

I would like something like what they have here: http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp

Except I would want friendly and non-friendly businesses and then state which they are.

protias

imported post

I honestly don't know any of them by name. I really should.

N65w24838 Main St # 7
Sussex, WI 53089-2653
(262) 820-8899

anmut

imported post

logan wrote:
anmut wrote:
I'm actually working on a website for a class, and I need to include a database in this website. My goal is to have a database of friendly/non-friendly businesses in Wisconsin.

This project is due in 4 weeks and I have NO clue how to integrate a database into a website. I can make an HTML website, but much more than that and I'm lost. If I get this to work...I will definitely share it with WI Carry Inc to get it on that website.

I would like something like what they have here: http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp

Except I would want friendly and non-friendly businesses and then state which they are.
Nice Logan - can you setup a possible sister site for your db that members could add businesses to?

Also, to WisconsinCarry.org: If we had a site setup like this it would be great to have some sponsorship from your site that would allow us to post some small ads in newspapers. Something along the line:

Does your business support the 2nd Ammendment? Visit www.wisconsincarry.org/isupport to have your business linked in our database.

Free advertising for them, more support for us.

anmut

imported post

Here you all go. Cut, paste, print, stamp & send!

[font="Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Name
Address
Address 2
Phone Number

2-22-10

Owner
China Wok
65w24838 Main St # 7
Sussex, WI 53089-2653

RE: Open Carry Policy

To the owners of China Wok;

I would like to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment rights of your Wisconsin customers by allowing the lawful open carry of firearms within your business.

I will be sure to notify my friends and family of your support and to patronize your business and any other China Wok's because of this.

Sincerely,

Name

Landose_theghost

imported post

protias wrote:
Glockface wrote:
How was the food?:question:
I think the consensus was the food was fantastic.

Indeed, the food/customer service was uncanny. Also I've got to give it to the cashier/waitress, she has got a mind like a steel trap! She took 50+ orders and made sure everybody left with what they ordered, and then some! Needless to say, next time I'm near Sussex, i'll be calling protias for some lunch!

-Landose-

protias

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
protias wrote:
Glockface wrote:
How was the food?:question:
I think the consensus was the food was fantastic.

Indeed, the food/customer service was uncanny. Also I've got to give it to the cashier/waitress, she has got a mind like a steel trap! She took 50+ orders and made sure everybody left with what they ordered, and then some! Needless to say, next time I'm near Sussex, i'll be calling protias for some lunch!

-Landose-
Just let me know ahead of time. :)

protias

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
protias wrote:
Just let me know ahead of time. :)
Will do, just so long as you keep your hands away from your gun, and you don't place yourself at a tactical disadvantage in the restaurant.:lol:
I'll leave my "cop car" at home too. bwahahaha

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

anmut wrote:
Here you all go. Cut, paste, print, stamp & send!

Name
Address
Address 2
Phone Number

2-22-10

Owner
China Wok
65w24838 Main St # 7
Sussex, WI 53089-2653

RE: Open Carry Policy

To the owners of China Wok;

I would like to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment rights of your Wisconsin customers by allowing the lawful open carry of firearms within your business.

I will be sure to notify my friends and family of your support and to patronize your business and any other China Wok's because of this.

Sincerely,

Name
:D good idea