• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Calendar

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I have begun working on a Open Carry calendar using google calendar. This calendar is for all of Nevada and anyone with location, data and time, event ideas or requests can email NV.OPENCARRY.ORG@GMAIL.COM

The HTML Calender's address is:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nv.opencarry.org@gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

If there are any issues with using the name of NV.OPENCARRY.ORG please PM me so i can discontinue it.

I also plan on making a printed calendars for us and also it was mentioned by one of the OC'ers from the henderson walk about that they have gatherings where we can get a booth and hand out information on everyday OC, tee shirts and what not. A few of us found this to be a great idea. If people want to pitch in some cash to make something like this happen, let me know.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Sure, I'll help out. When you get to the point of needing cash, give me a message.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Awesome Vegas Rick.

Like I said, right now I'm trying to gather ideas to put on the calendar. I'm thinking about doing a once a month range day at the new shooting park!:cool:

Remmy

imported post

This is a great idea IMO, also if there are people interested in say a weekly or bi weekly meet to discuss and just enjoy company at say a starbucks or some other OC friendly establishment would be great. We could even have two different times during the week for such meets to help meet peoples work schedule since there are plenty of people working weekend shifts.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Love the idea of range meets on a regular basis. Takes a bit of pressure off trying to make it to each individually-scheduled event, and regularizes the honing of our shooting skills (gets us off our lazy butts).

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Yah I was already thinking about the Starbucks thing... I like the idea also. Again I was also thinking bi-weekly. If you have day requests then email me and ill include them in there

odesskiy

imported post

Perfect! I love the idea of getting together for more than just an occasional walk. This really should be a regular thing.

I'll definitely be willing to pitch in as far as cash goes when the time comes.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

I see several ways to improve our presence around town with this idea. We could brainstorm at the next meet-up about various locations around town. Maybe set up a rotation for north/south/east/west sides. Places like Starbucks, etc.

Once you put things together on a calendar, people would just show up without need to do all the blog work. I bet if you set a meeting place each weekend, you'd get at least several showing up each time.

Big meet-ups are nice, but it really just needs a few to achieve the OC presence effect. You get the same number of pedestrians going by a group of three as for a group of thirteen.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Good point. Im more curious who will utilize this calendar. I know at the least I will! If people want to post their common days off then I'll tune it for whatever.

Speaking about that the other day I OC'd all day. Went to Harley in Henderson, a bank with my wife and TGI Fridays also in henderson off sunset. That got me thinking. We should also meet once a month at a random location to eat dinner and what not so we can create a list of "Go to/Do NOT go to places". I for one do not want to patronize anyplace that doesn't respect my rights!

The truth is not everyone OC's everyday, but on these rare occasions that we meet up for a walk about. So maybe if people knew we go everywhere without too many issues then they might be inspired like I was by DON'T TREAD ON ME. He told me a story that has stuck with me and whenever I feel a bit unnerved, then I think of that.:dude::dude:

gmijackso

imported post

Just an idea, but perhaps something like a Google Calendar is in order for this? Something that can reside online, be shared, selectively edited by individuals, or whoever is designated, and can be printed at home for no cost. Also can be easily updated in the occasion that an event is canceled/moved.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Edit: Well apparently Google now charges for their Calendar when used for more than personal use, so I guess the operative word would be LIKE a Google Calendar since it is apparently out of the question. I'm sure there is some similar copy-cat service that would provide the functionality.

Remmy

imported post

The google calender will be a great tool, anyone with a iGoogle page or a gmail account can add it and edit it I for one look at my iGoogle page every day, and i just added it so now i can see the events along with my own personal calender great tool!

To add my days off so we can start polling these

Friday and Saturday

My work Schedule is Sunday through Thursday 7PM to 3AM so sometimes if theres a day event during those times and it wont last till 6pm ill be able to make it depending on if i can wake up in time :lol:

We could even get it embedded onto the forum front page for Nevada, thats always a possibility as well. The code for that is below.

<iframe src="http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nv.opencarry.org%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Love the ideas about embedding, however I would want to see more progress before I bring it to MODS attention :)

If anyone thinks cross posting into the other OC friendly websites the email address and the calendar I would be ok with that! Let me know what you think.

GoDSpeeD

Remmy

imported post

I know i am, i have it added to my account and i get sms notifications to my cell when the calender is updated or new events put on

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Just a heads up for those who are checking this. We have a range day meet at the new shooting part with lunch before hand

GoDSpeeD

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Tuesday morning 3/2there will be discussion on AM 840 KXNT about open carry. I don't know the details but it should be between 5:00 Am and 9:00 Am you can also stream it live on-line. I hope to get some good calls. as they will be taking public opinions.