Buckingham County Agricultural Center Auditorium
    54 Administration Ln.
    Buckingham, VA, 23921

Full map and directions Carpool information below

[line]Your help is really needed on this one. It is our chance to push more
    of the camel beneath the tent.

The Virginia Department of Forestry is approaching the final phase of
    allowing guns to be carried in State Forests. They have now listed
    the proposed regulation and are asking for direct public input.

The proposed wording does not include open carry and VCDL needs
    as many as possible to show up in support of the proposed regulation
    and request that open carry be allowed too.

We need to pack the room. We need to let them hear our roar!

You guys and gals have been terrific in responding to the call in the past.

It is a week day, but it will only take 1/2 a day of your time.

Once more into the breach.

[line]
    Carpool Coordination:

Please reserve this thread for carpooling info - your offer to take passengers
    or need for a ride + a short confirmation and any short remarks.

Got room - tell us. Need a ride - post it here.

Do NOT use this thread for long dissertations on the merits or weakness of the proposed wording.
    There are several ways that the change desired will be presented, but please,
    no involved discussions on this thread.

[line]All state agencies should honor our RKBA either CC or OC in accordance with
    state law as municipalities are required to do.

This Call To Action can send a message, loud and clear, all the way to the top
    of the capital. It thereby has the potential to affect other (all) agencies.

Can I count on you?

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Did I say if I was going to be there? You bet I am - can't miss a party!

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    We'll be there !

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Does this mean you are driving your own noisy truck? If so, I've got three (3) seats leaving from southside Richmond/northern Chesterfield County (Jeff Davis at the south end of Chippenham Parkway). Probably will use Meadowdale Shopping Center parking lot (Pino's Pizza location) as the meet-up point.

I'll be heading back to town from Buckingham to make the chili cook-off in downtown Richmond, if anyone is interested in a twofer.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Does this mean you are driving your own noisy truck? If so, I've got three (3) seats leaving from southside Richmond/northern Chesterfield County (Jeff Davis at the south end of Chippenham Parkway). Probably will use Meadowdale Shopping Center parking lot (Pino's Pizza location) as the meet-up point.

I'll be heading back to town from Buckingham to make the chili cook-off in downtown Richmond, if anyone is interested in a twofer.

stay safe.

skidmark
    My truck is noisy on the outside - yours on the inside - but will concede that there is a difference - mine makes sweet melodious tones.

My bid is in for shotgun - at what time?

Yata hey

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

stay safe.

skidmark
    Thanks for the warning Skid

Since Ill probably take a picture of GS's truck, I installed this this morning.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    We'll be there !
    Don, Mind if I catch a ride?

Post imported post

Infidel wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    We'll be there !
    Not at all.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    We'll be there !
    Not at all.
    When and where? I'm around 295 and 360 intersection.

Post imported post

Infidel wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    We'll be there !
    Not at all.
    When and where? I'm around 295 and 360 intersection.
    PM Sent.

Post imported post

Two days off last week and one day off this week, doubt I'll be able to get off next week for the meeting without upsetting people. :?

Post imported post

Infidel Give me a call so we can arrange a meeting place. I left you a PM with my number.

Post imported post

I'm feeling out my supervisor and manager(s) to see if I might be able to take the time off. Really would like to be able to make it, but unfortunately it seems like I'm not going to be able to. Hope that this is not the case for most people and that turnout is strong and results are good. Good luck and Godspeed.

Good news is needed after today's VCDL Alert.

Post imported post

Just wanted to throw this out there so you might plan appropriately. According to the VA-ALERT that was sent out today, the new "Special" subcommittee to the Senate's Courts of Justice committee may meet this Thursday as well. I expect PVC will provide more details as they become available.

TFred

Post imported post

The question has been put to VCDL leadership. I'll throw it out here as well.

Is it better to attend the Senate subcommittee hearing where our presence is expected to have little if any influence, or to create a "show of force" at the State Forests rule-making public hearing where our presence has a good probability of influencing the outcome?

I'm going to Buckingham. Anybody in the Richmond area need a ride?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

Is it better to attend the Senate subcommittee hearing where our presence is expected to have little if any influence, or to create a "show of force" at the State Forests rule-making public hearing where our presence has a good probability of influencing the outcome?

stay safe.

skidmark
    80% of committee and sub committee issues are decided before anyone sets foot in the room. The speech making is just window dressing.

I'm not sure about the VDOF hearing. I suspect it's also decided and will have to be fought after the fact, Low turnout is always a good reason for an adverse decision though.

The NRA Will be there and in favor of CHP Only. I don'y know VCDL's position for sure.

I'll be there but certainly couldn't speak for VCDL, even if I was so inclined to speak. I seriously doubt I will. "Obey the fu#$^ing law" won't help persuade them I'm afraid.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    80% of committee and sub committee issues are decided before anyone sets foot in the room. The speech making is just window dressing.

I'm not sure about the VDOF hearing. I suspect it's also decided and will have to be fought after the fact, Low turnout is always a good reason for an adverse decision though.

The NRA Will be there and in favor of CHP Only.
    I don'y know VCDL's position for sure.

I'll be there but certainly couldn't speak for VCDL, even if I was so inclined to speak. I seriously doubt I will. "Obey the fu#$^ing law" won't help persuade them I'm afraid.

Why do they insist on batting against us and gunowners when they parade around that they are for all gunowners? Is there a solid answer out there for it? I am absolutely glad I never joined them. That damn near makes me sick. :X

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

The NRA Will be there and in favor of CHP Only.
    I don'y know VCDL's position for sure.

Why do they insist on batting against us and gunowners when they parade around that they are for all gunowners? Is there a solid answer out there for it? I am absolutely glad I never joined them. That damn near makes me sick. :X

Curtis,

Its real simple, if we don't need government permission, ie permits to exercise our rights we don't need them(the NRA) or their classes etc. Kind of like how they butted into the Mcdonald v Chicago suit. It wasn't their damn case so they should have stayed out of it or filed their own. Its why my time and money go to VCDL who will actually do something over the NRA who talks a good game but doesn't show up even here in the state where they are headquartered. Outside of federal lobbying i find them useless.

Joe

Post imported post

Well Guys, you'd have been proud of VCDL Today. Despite it being a work day and off the beaten path, The ONLY people there were VCDL members. The only one in NRA uniform was also a VCDL member and pro open carry.

This was the only hearing scheduled and it was 100% VCDL and 100% pro open carry....I may even stop griping for a while

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Well Guys, you'd have been proud of VCDL Today. Despite it being a work day and off the beaten path, The ONLY people there were VCDL members. The only one in NRA uniform was also a VCDL member and pro open carry.

This was the only hearing scheduled and it was 100% VCDL and 100% pro open carry....I may even stop griping for a while
    You did much better than the "Special" subcommittee in Richmond.

The antis are giving us more ammunition than they can possibly imagine today.

TFred

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:

Not one representative from the antis or the NRA showed.

Yata hey

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

You did much better than the "Special" subcommittee in Richmond.

The antis are giving us more ammunition than they can possibly imagine today.

TFred
    I wasn't sure going into it but VCDL did a marvelous job.
    There's a fair amount to know about this and I'll write it up later. I'm having a real problem with my Glucose level today. The Video isn't shaking from an earthquake.

I'll also set up an album for the pictures. It was a quick hearing so there aren't a lot of them.

Post imported post

Some pictures are in now but I haven't processed any video yet.
    http://www.photos.oldva.org/thumbnails.php?album=30

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Good shots -particularly the new sign.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Good shots -particularly the new sign.

Yata hey
    All I got of you was the back of your head and a shot of you sitting back down. I'm getting slow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast