• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Forest Meeting - Open Carry - Mar 4th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Well Guys, you'd have been proud of VCDL Today. Despite it being a work day and off the beaten path, The ONLY people there were VCDL members. The only one in NRA uniform was also a VCDL member and pro open carry.

This was the only hearing scheduled and it was 100% VCDL and 100% pro open carry....I may even stop griping for a while
Not one representative from the antis or the NRA showed.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Well Guys, you'd have been proud of VCDL Today. Despite it being a work day and off the beaten path, The ONLY people there were VCDL members. The only one in NRA uniform was also a VCDL member and pro open carry.

This was the only hearing scheduled and it was 100% VCDL and 100% pro open carry....I may even stop griping for a while
You did much better than the "Special" subcommittee in Richmond.

The antis are giving us more ammunition than they can possibly imagine today.

TFred
I wasn't sure going into it but VCDL did a marvelous job.
There's a fair amount to know about this and I'll write it up later. I'm having a real problem with my Glucose level today. The Video isn't shaking from an earthquake.

I'll also set up an album for the pictures. It was a quick hearing so there aren't a lot of them.

normal_vdf1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Thanks so much for your effort, folks. I just could not get off work. Was anyone else at all in attendence but y'all?
Nope - not anyone.

By the shear weight/numbers of the emails, letters and attendance, OC should be a slam dunk - but don't think you should cash that check yet.

They asked to hear, but will they listen?

It is simple really - It is the RIGHT thing to do. Pun intended.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Thanks so much for your effort, folks. I just could not get off work. Was anyone else at all in attendence but y'all?
I didn't put this in the album riverrat, but it shows the attendance.

vdf23.jpg

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

I knew Bruce and the other members would do a great job representing VCDL in my absence (I was too busy getting my butt kicked in Richmond :().

That is a good turnout for being in the middle of a work day.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

This is Bruce Jackson. I'm new at the video end of this and this one keeps coming out small. Something to do with converting it to WAV and I may need to adjust the window too.

I'm also not sure you can see it in Windows Explorer.

Please let me know of problems.

Never Mind. I need to re edit. I have two of the same clips and didn't edit his address out:banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Yesterday, there was some question concerning what would happen if VDOF changed the wording in their proposed rule.

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure so I looked up the APA and published it today.
http://news.oldva.org/?p=6262#more-6262

or link it directly

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC02020000040000000000000

It seems the specific answer is here:
§ 2.2-4007.06. Changes between proposed and final regulations.

If one or more changes with substantial impact are made to a proposed regulation from the time that it is published as a proposed regulation to the time it is published as a final regulation [emphasis added], any person may petition the agency within 30 days from the publication of the final regulation to request an opportunity for oral and written submittals on the changes to the regulation. If the agency receives requests from at least 25 persons for an opportunity to submit oral and written comments on the changes to the regulation, the agency shall (i) suspend the regulatory process for 30 days to solicit additional public comment and (ii) file notice of the additional 30-day public comment period with the Registrar of Regulations, unless the agency determines that the changes made are minor or inconsequential in their impact [emphasis added]. The comment period, if any, shall begin on the date of publication of the notice in the Register. Agency denial of petitions for a comment period on changes to the regulation shall be subject to judicial review.

(2007, cc. 873, 916.)
From the comments made at the only scheduled public hearing, it would be difficult for the Dept of Forestry to claim that implementing the changessuggested to the currently published proposed regulation(either adding OC or eliminating the issue of carry entirely) were NOT minor and inconsequential - that is, revising the proposed regulation to comport with existing Virginia law.

Thanks again to VCDL for initiating thepetition for rule-making.

stay safe.

skidmark

TFred

imported post

No matter what they do, the anti-gunners will find a sympathetic judge to rule in their favor without regard to the facts. Of course, maybe they learned their lesson from their NPS mistake...

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
No matter what they do, the anti-gunners will find a sympathetic judge to rule in their favor without regard to the facts. Of course, maybe they learned their lesson from their NPS mistake...

TFred

TFred -

You owe me a monitor cleaning.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
What concerns me is the Special Sub Committee Tfred. I found out many years ago that getting a bill passed, was work...but getting one killed was relatively easy in 80% of the cases., however, there were a few that were going through no matter how many private conversations you have.

The special sub committee seems to be a killer, even in those few cases.

I knew something was going to happen early in the session. I just didn't know what. I didn't even consider this, Over the last few weeks there has been gossip about the creative solution to evil guns and you have to hand it to them. It worked...at least this time.

Secretly, there are a lot of members of the GA that are breathing a sigh of relief. Pro gun can't blame them and anti gun can't say they're pro because they didn't have to vote.

I know VCDL is working on a solution so I'll have to wait and see how this pans out for the elections.

The anti's see this as a victory and in fact it was. That concerns me a lot more than court action. If they're starting to use their heads, they may well try for a creative solution to the rulemaking process also.
There are KAIneites in VDOF. The fact that they didn't consult McDonnell and relied on Kaine's direction, before starting this process, pretty well confirms this.