• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portage OC Event

Jcookndazoo

imported post

Hoping to make my first event.See how it goes down on saturday

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

quarter horseman

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
Looks like me and one more will be there. Do you have a street address that I could GPS it? Thanks, Bob
Hey did you go to the meet and eat at Theo&Stacys last year? Ithink I met you there, but maybe not.IHOP is just up the road from that closer to I94. I94Westnage exit north IHOP is on the right or East side of the road. Hope that helps see you there.

hopnpop

imported post

bobn911 wrote:
Looks like me and one more will be there. Do you have a street address that I could GPS it? Thanks, Bob
Yeah Bob, no need to GPS it - it's essentially AT I-94 and Westnedge. From Edwardsburg, you might be coming up 131? If so, take 131 to I-94 (east), 94 to Westnedge north. Once you go around the offramp, you'll go back under I-94 and IHOP is immediately on the right-hand side. Hope to see you there.

hopnpop

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:

Welcome to OCDO! Looks like you're starting off like I did. I had only 1 or 2 posts on this site when I went to my first picnic. Of course I dragged my wife and 3 girls with me to it and we all had a real nice time. I OC everywhere and never see anyone else OC-ing. It's nice to get together and see everyone strapped. I know I'm not the only person who openly carries but when you're out and about, it sure feels that way sometimes.

If you don't know anyonewho's going to be there, I'm Nate and I'll probably be the only one there carrying a stainless XD LEFTY-style. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Hope you enjoy OCDO, cya around.

Jcookndazoo

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:

Welcome to OCDO! Looks like you're starting off like I did. I had only 1 or 2 posts on this site when I went to my first picnic. Of course I dragged my wife and 3 girls with me to it and we all had a real nice time. I OC everywhere and never see anyone else OC-ing. It's nice to get together and see everyone strapped. I know I'm not the only person who openly carries but when you're out and about, it sure feels that way sometimes.

If you don't know anyonewho's going to be there, I'm Nate and I'll probably be the only one there carrying a stainless XD LEFTY-style. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Hope you enjoy OCDO, cya around.

Thanks nate! IM left handedso ill be carrying to the left alsoand i need to find a open carry holster for my glock 26 before saturday. Any suggestions what type you find best for the lefty's and where to get it? IM in kzoo by the way.

bobn911

imported post

quarter horseman, I sat right next to you on your left side on the one you are thinking about. Come to think about it, I think we went past IHOP to get to T & S's.Hope to see you guys there. Me +1. Later, Bob

hopnpop

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:
Thanks nate! IM left handedso ill be carrying to the left alsoand i need to find a open carry holster for my glock 26 before saturday. Any suggestions what type you find best for the lefty's and where to get it? IM in kzoo by the way.

I use a Blackhawk Serpa Lvl 2 holster for my XD. I was having a little bit of a tough time finding a lefty holster. I could've ordered one online but didn't want to deal with that. I'd finally found the holster I wanted by accident!

My wife and I had gone to Southside Sportsman's in BC - we like to use the indoor range there and Joel Fultonis agreat fellow.After shooting we were roaming the store part. There was a holster rack/display and I just took a look thru them and there it was! Hadn't planned on buying a holster that day but opportunity knocked and I got myself a proper LHholster. It was avg price for those, which is roughly $50, maybe just shy of that. So that's where I found mine, and they've got plenty that fit Glocks.

You DO know that we won't hang you by your toes if you can't OC on Saturday, right? If you can't find a proper holster or whatever, just making sure you know that no one HAS to be carrying. Anyone willing to attend and show support is welcome, no firearms required. So don't sweat it too bad if you're unable to OC. I know you'd rather OC but it's fine if you don't.

Jcookndazoo

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
Jcookndazoo wrote:

I use a Blackhawk Serpa Lvl 2 holster for my XD. I was having a little bit of a tough time finding a lefty holster. I could've ordered one online but didn't want to deal with that. I'd finally found the holster I wanted by accident!

My wife and I had gone to Southside Sportsman's in BC - we like to use the indoor range there and Joel Fultonis agreat fellow.After shooting we were roaming the store part. There was a holster rack/display and I just took a look thru them and there it was! Hadn't planned on buying a holster that day but opportunity knocked and I got myself a proper LHholster. It was avg price for those, which is roughly $50, maybe just shy of that. So that's where I found mine, and they've got plenty that fit Glocks.

You DO know that we won't hang you by your toes if you can't OC on Saturday, right? If you can't find a proper holster or whatever, just making sure you know that no one HAS to be carrying. Anyone willing to attend and show support is welcome, no firearms required. So don't sweat it too bad if you're unable to OC. I know you'd rather OC but it's fine if you don't.
Thanks for the suggestion. I dont have my CPL yet:(so i can only open carry at the time.Im headed to gander right mow to see what they got.Ill find something.See you guys tomorrow