• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portage OC Event

hopnpop

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I dont have my CPL yet:(so i can only open carry at the time.Im headed to gander right mow to see what they got.Ill find something.See you guys tomorrow
I can say with confidence that you won't find anything left-handed at Gander Mtn. Good luck tho. See you tomorrow.

Jcookndazoo

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
Jcookndazoo wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I dont have my CPL yet:(so i can only open carry at the time.Im headed to gander right mow to see what they got.Ill find something.See you guys tomorrow
I can say with confidence that you won't find anything left-handed at Gander Mtn. Good luck tho. See you tomorrow.
IT must of been my lucky day! Found a blackhawk left handed holster. I was quite shocked myself.Cant wait to try it out tomorrow.

hopnpop

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:
IT must of been my lucky day! Found a blackhawk left handed holster. I was quite shocked myself.Cant wait to try it out tomorrow.
HA! Lucked out! I was there repeatedly when I was in the market for one and they didn't stock them - would only order them. Good for them...and you!

EM87

imported post

I just called for reservations but they don't take them. The lady I spoke to said she would try to keep a table open though. I estimated about ten people when she asked how many.

If it's extremely busy, we'll have to deal with it or make a plan B.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

quarter horseman wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Just for everyone's information - I have not asked permission to OC at iHop, but I have done so before with no issues.
ONICEMite as well call the LEO's ahead of time lol.:lol:
6a010535dc3e1e970c011572269f26970b-800wi
:lol:

autosurgeon

imported post

To be perfectly honest I have kicked this around in my head over the last month or so. I really don't think we have any need to ask permission to meet up and chat over lunch just BC we happen to OC at the same time.

I think the organizer of the event only needs to introduce himself to the manager and let them know that if they have any problems with his group they can feel free to bring it to his attention.

Asking permission can be a double edged sword in that they may say NO out of hand BC they have no understanding of what we are doing. And they just hear the word Gun.

On the other hand if we were going to want to put up a banner and a booth of course we should ask permission as that is a whole different thing!

EM87

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
To be perfectly honest I have kicked this around in my head over the last month or so. I really don't think we have any need to ask permission to meet up and chat over lunch just BC we happen to OC at the same time.

I think the organizer of the event only needs to introduce himself to the manager and let them know that if they have any problems with his group they can feel free to bring it to his attention.

Asking permission can be a double edged sword in that they may say NO out of hand BC they have no understanding of what we are doing. And they just hear the word Gun.

On the other hand if we were going to want to put up a banner and a booth of course we should ask permission as that is a whole different thing!

My thoughts exactly.

EM87

imported post

We had great attendance at this event! Thanks to everyone who came. There were 18 people overall that showed up.

It was very nice to meet the first timers and people I haven't met before.

hopnpop

imported post

Good time and great turn-out, indeed. Nap time! lol I just hope the newcomers didn't feel alienated at their own table. Great that they showed up tho, always good to meet more of us. Thanks EM87 for getting it together and all who showed.

Jcookndazoo

imported post

EM87 wrote:
We had great attendance at this event! Thanks to everyone who came. There were 18 people overall that showed up.

It was very nice to meet the first timers and people I haven't met before.

Right back at you man. As this being my first event i didnt know what to expect but everyone was awesome and i had a really good time! Cant wait til the summer picnics and future meet and eats.Glad i could join you guys

-Jason (blue and orange shirt):D

lil_freak_66

imported post

i was the late attendee,some had already left.we all went to gander mtn when the group left though!

i got high scores on that huntin game in there,7 perfect stages,4were consecutive.