Thread: The Rachel Maddow Show

Post imported post

I just watched the Rachel Maddow. She commented on the liftingof the national parks gun ban. I e-mailed her and invited her to our forum. We shall see what happens.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ah, I missed it, it is replaying now, I'll see if I can catch her comment (I may have already missed it). Can you inform us of what she said or did she just report that the gun ban was lifted?

Thanks.

Post imported post

In case she joins us, I'll say she made light of it. Then I'll call her out on it.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BWAAAAHAHAHAAA

This is all I have to say, um, show...

Whether or not you like her politics, she certainly is one funny individual.

I do disagree with part of her assessment but she did bring up an interesting point I wasn't thinking about regarding parks that cross over state lines.

Post imported post

Yeah, anyone who decided to hike the Appalachian Trail could be crossing half a dozen state lines (and at least ONE of them is a no-carry zone--MD..)

And Tek, don't forget that here in NC, many National Parks are ALSO designated as State Gamelands, and therefore are no-carry zones, or restricted to short-barrel .22 pistols during certain hunting seasons...

Virginia is looking better all the time...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964