Thread: I will soon be leaving Tennessee

Post imported post

I have accepted a job in the Atlanta GA area and soon my family and I will be driving out of Tennessee for good. I am excited about the new job and this new chapter in our lives but, to be honest, I am very very sad about leaving Tennessee. We have only lived here for a little under 5 years but we have really come to love Tennessee.

I have made many friends here in the Memphis area working there and in our small town of Arlington where we live. I will especially miss Arlington. It is a wonderful little town that is extremely family oriented and so very friendly.

So, March 15th, we will drive to Atlanta and leave behind many friends and a great little town. I can honestly say, if the new job called tomorrow and told me everything fell through, I would be Ok with staying. We like it here that much.

One thing though, Atlanta has a ton less violent crime and the schools are better. So, with the added money the new job will be paying me, I just couldn't pass it up.

Good bye Tennessee. Maybe we can live in this fine state again some day.

Post imported post

Tennessee's loss is Georgia's gain. Now you're going to have to change your name, TN_Mike!

Post imported post

I'm quite familiar with Atlanta and like the city very much. However, I was not aware it was some sort of crime and education Eden.

Good luck, Mate.

Post imported post

I guess they don't count the armed thugs working for MARTA in the stats.
    But going from license OC to license OC souldn't be to big a hardship, except for
    the 'public gathering' clause. According to the 'well respected reference'
    History channel ATL is a gang boom town not safe for man nor beast. :shock:

Ahh the joys of dual citizenship, buy guns in two states for a short while at least.

Post imported post

Unfortunately the bullyboys from MARTA and such are with us always. Atlanta once had one of the most inept, backward, unprofessional (pick one) police departments in the country. Not Chicago or New Orleans but close. For example, for several years it was headed by a chief whose qualification was that she was the former mayor's chauffeur.

Look past the racism and corruption and opera bouffe politics and you'll find Atlanta is a nice enough place as cities go and better than many. It's a Southern city so that helps a bit. Just watch where you go at night and for god's sake go armed.

Post imported post

OngoingFreedom wrote:
    Tennessee's loss is Georgia's gain. Now you're going to have to change your name, TN_Mike!
    Wait a minute...

Does this mean you will now be known as GA_Mike??

:shock:

Welcome to Georgia! Have some peaches!