• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Long range rifle

DaemonForce

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Evergreen is mostly aimed at clay bird shooters. I've shot trap, skeet, and sporting claysat Evergreen. They do havepistol, rifle and black powder ranges but they are not their primary business.
Damn, I knew there was something good. Their ranges are overlooked because it's not their realmoney-maker. Clay shooting sounds really fun too.:lol:

Looking at their prices it's really surprising. Ayear membership is half of what it is here and I can't find anything about there being anything more than a fee, yet it's pro rated.I'll keep reading though. Sounds like they have something special every Saturday or two this season. I just might go there this Saturday and check it out. I have a little bit of inexpensive ammo. Like $10 of Fed and Western T-22 that's been sitting around before I could walk. Since I've never fired my 190, it's kind of a spiritual thing to me. It, confounds me really. I prefer long guns over a pistol and I have yet to fire my .22. I guess I really am backwards.:?

amlevin

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
I suck :(

and how can you even SEE a 55-gallon drum at 1 mile with iron sights?
Try filling it with diesel and setting it on fire:what: The drum will be at the bottom of the smoke plume:celebrate. Diesel too expensive? Just put a tire on top and set IT on fire. Just be sure to put it out and clean up when done.

holeinhead

imported post

I'm a member at Interlake Sportng Association. Our rifle range has 25, 100, and 200 yard ranges. It's an outdoor range, and it's $200 a year for unlimited shooting, and you can bring guests for free.

It's in the Kirkland / Redmond area. I'll be happy to show you around on a Sunday or Monday.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Hey Bear 45-70, the forum has been a bit quite lately..what say we start our old pissing match again just to liven things up a bit?:celebrate Glad you are posting again. you have been missed.
I've heard stories at the 12/18 meet, of a guy from the forum that you ain't supposed to mess with.

Word is, he would kick your ass on the board, then come to your house and kick your ass too.

But he stopped posting cuz of all the bs.

Is Bear 45/70 the guy they were talking about???? :shock:

kparker

imported post

Poo,

I don't think so. Bear could be a bit abrasive in writing, and I certainly tangled with him more than once.

BUT those who met him in person (I never had the chance) speak highly of him. You might just want to slow down a bit and form your own impression instead of rushing ahead with the rumors.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear and I used to butt heads on almost every post. We both finally grew up a bit and became friends. Although weall can be "abrasive" at times. you will find Bear and his wife to be great people. Bear is not really abrasive, he just speaks his mind.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

kparker wrote:
Poo,

I don't think so. Bear could be a bit abrasive in writing, and I certainly tangled with him more than once.

BUT those who met him in person (I never had the chance) speak highly of him. You might just want to slow down a bit and form your own impression instead of rushing ahead with the rumors.
I was just asking and kidding a bit :),

The guys who I heard it from, were talking highly of him, but mentioning that whoever they were talking about didn't take no BS from anybody ;)

Edit to add, I don't think Bear is who they were talking about.

But I do like people who speak the blunt truth!!!!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Though I never used it, Cascade Pistol and Rifle Club has a 600 yard range. Due to holes in the 200 yard line roof they now require all 600 yard shooters to qualify before using the range :quirky.

I was a member of CR&PC, and did enjoy their facilities. They have automated gates with magnetic passkeys, vending machines, properly roofed (though outdoor) ranges for all variety of calibers, and most importantly; restrooms.

It is down in Ravensdale, which is around 30 - 45 minutes from Seattle (depending on time of day, and location).

http://www.cascaderifleandpistol.org/

Bear 45/70

imported post

mainlogo_1.gif
You were never a problem, at least there was logic in your position.