Thread: Luepold's Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter

Post imported post

Is anyone handy using one. I just bought one to help with some scope swaps, and I have a question on the set-up & operation; as the directions are more vague than Wisconsin's GFSZ law .

My question is, how do you tell when you're lined up with the bore; at your scope's height above bore? The grid never seems to move vertically when looking thru the scope and moving the tool up or down.

Thanks;

Lurch out.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Post imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
    Is anyone handy using one. I just bought one to help with some scope swaps, and I have a question on the set-up & operation; as the directions are more vague than Wisconsin's GFSZ law .

My question is, how do you tell when you're lined up with the bore; at your scope's height above bore? The grid never seems to move vertically when looking thru the scope and moving the tool up or down.

Thanks;

Lurch out.
    From what I can tell by the image, you should measure the distance from the center of your bore to the center of your objective lens and set the instrument at that measurement.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    Lurchiron wrote:

Thanks;

Lurch out.
    From what I can tell by the image, you should measure the distance from the center of your bore to the center of your objective lens and set the instrument at that measurement.
    Thanks, did some research and found an awesome video from the Luepold rep.

http://redfield.com/riflescopes/ Click on "Revolution Video's" [mounting your riflescope]

Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)