• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any graphic artists who can help me clean up the WCI logo/create an AI or EPS file?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

PM's don't work for me, please email nik@wisconsincarry.org.

I have a .jpg, need it to be made into vector based artwork (which I think is an illustrator or EPS file)

---- Edit, I now have the logo in EPS format, thanks guys, looking now to get it cleaned up a bit, if anyone has some time and would be willing to work on it please contact me---

This is for the Wisconsin Carry t-shirts and member-only decals

anmut

imported post

That logo would work but to creating it would change some of your graphics. Particularly I think the greyed out gun in the holster would change. I'll mess around tonight and see what happens.

Btw, how sold are you on having the logo stay exactly like that?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The logo definitely needs some 'cleaning up' for sure. I just threw that together with microsoft paint (shiver)I have photoshop at home I could have spent more time on it.

The state outline/border is not uniform. That needs some cleaning up too.

I agree with the grey-shade gun. That will need some work. If it was all black just an outline, thats fine too.

Other than that... I'm always open to suggestions (at the risk of making that comment on an internet forum where we'll get 100 different opinions)

I'd like to stay somewhat close to the theme we have there.

I'm definitely open to moving around the organization name/website/member-2010 info, etc. playing with different fonts is fair game too.

I guess the basic state/state-seal/gunbelt/gun/holster elements I want to stick with, though if they were moved a touch or 'massaged' we could take a look at it.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

anmut wrote:
That logo would work but to creating it would change some of your graphics.  Particularly I think the greyed out gun in the holster would change.  I'll mess around tonight and see what happens.

Btw, how sold are you on having the logo stay exactly like that?

Other ideas I had was to make the organization name be the gun-belt and have the gun be an outline (so as not to obscure the name) just a thought.

Like I said, if you want to play with it, have at it. We don't want to spend money on the logo, we are all volunteer and all funds right now are dedicated to funding the GFSZ lawsuit, but if people want to volunteer their time we'd be much appreciative.

M

McX

imported post

mr. chairman, will window stickers, and t-shirt be available soon, or may be have permission to duplicate the image on this thread to get some stickers, t-shirts made for our own use, not for resale?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

McX,

I'm trying to get them as quickly as possible.

I haven't spoken with the rest of the board on the issue but I think we will, for several reasons, want to maintain tight control over use of the logo.

For the sake of members (like yourself) who have contributed your money to become a member, we need to protect the use of the logo to preserve the value of actually 'being' a member. Not to mention we still have our primary goal of funding the lawsuit which we need to be mindful of. We are doing great as for fundraising from membership,but still haven't reached the level of funding we need for that.

We will work to make t-shirts and decals available as soon as possible.

Landose_theghost

imported post

RE:-WI Chairman

What do you want as far as a logo is concerned? I can completly redo the emblem provided, or I can ad to it. I can also come up with an original design if need be. Feel free to PM me with your thoughts. I will meantime come up with a few designs of my own likeing, I will however talk to you before I release them. but like I said,Let me know.

-Landose-

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Landose, I can't PM, I made the genius move of putting a comma in my username and that doesn't work with pm's.

As for what we'd be looking for in the logo:

(at a bare minimum) The state outline/border is not uniform. That needs some cleaning up too.

I agree with the grey-shade gun. That will need some work. If it was all black just an outline, thats fine too.

Other than that... I'm always open to suggestions (at the risk of making that comment on an internet forum where we'll get 100 different opinions)

]I'd like to stay somewhat close to the theme we have there.

I'm definitely open to moving around the organization name/website/member-2010 info, etc. playing with different fonts is fair game too.

I guess the basic state/state-seal/gunbelt/gun/holster elements I want to stick with, though if they were moved a touch or 'massaged' we could take a look at it.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Landose, I can't PM, I made the genius move of putting a comma in my username and that doesn't work with pm's.

As for what we'd be looking for in the logo:

(at a bare minimum) The state outline/border is not uniform. That needs some cleaning up too.

]I'd like to stay somewhat close to the theme we have there.

Will do, I've gota few ideas brewin in the ole noggin' that should work. I will send an e-mail when I'm doneASAP.

M

McX

imported post

mr. chairman, understood, i agree and will comply. since the logo is regulated, i'll drop it from my avitar.

Lurchiron

imported post

McX wrote:
mr. chairman, understood, i agree and will comply. since the logo is regulated, i'll drop it from my avitar.

You should wear the logo with honor...(dude, I almost said "like a badge of")...just no exploitation or renumeration.

Showing it in an avatar, perhaps color-coordinated to denote officers, Life members, and yearly members; lets any orginazation you would post to that your force is strong & growing daily.

Carry on.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

McX, PLEASE feel free to use the image in your avatar. We have no problem with members using the image as an avatar on here at all. (in fact, we encourage it, so long as you are a member)

The decals/bumper stickers will be given free to every member. That will signify that you have joined the cause. If we let people just print off decals, our concern is that those who haven't actually joined could just print of a decal or something. We don't think thats right. We think those who have stepped forward with their contributions to advance this cause deserve distinction. If we allowed people to make their own decals and t-shirts we have no ability to control that they go to only members. That diminishes the contributions of guys like you who are members.

In addition, the minimal profit generated from the t-shirt sales will, we hope, close the gap of funding we need this year for the GFSZ lawsuit. Of course in future years, we anticipate many more legal challenges (can you say vehicle carry) :) but future membership dues will fund those efforts.

But again, we encourage WCI members to use the Wisconsin Carry graphic as their avatar.

t-shirts, decals, and other promotional/tangible items, we want to maintain tight control over the use of our corporate logo.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
PM's don't work for me, please email nik@wisconsincarry.org.

I have a .jpg, need it to be made into vector based artwork (which I think is an illustrator or EPS file)

---- Edit, I now have the logo in EPS format, thanks guys, looking now to get it cleaned up a bit, if anyone has some time and would be willing to work on it please contact me---

This is for the Wisconsin Carry t-shirts and member-only decals
Do you really need to have WisconsinCarry.org "AND" WisconsinCarry Inc?
I mean wouldn't one or the other do? and than maybe drop the word member and just have the year.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Version 1, I kept it simple and as close to the original design as I could. Keep in mind I can change ANYthing to your liking. Let me know. I'll start on rough draft #2 asap.

WI-carry.jpg
Very Nice!

hunter9mm

imported post

Nik…

I just joined WC, Inc and am looking for a way to get involved.

I see the guys are looking for shirts, hats, stickers, etc. Has anyone looked into a web site that does it all for you, one order at a time called www.cafepress.com ? I used to have an account there for those kinds of items. All you need to supply a graphic and they actually apply it to the products and ship them out per order. You can order 1 coffee mug, with the logo, you don’t need any bulk. PM me or email if you want more info as I’m looking for a way to help out if I can.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
Version 1, I kept it simple and as close to the original design as I could. Keep in mind I can change ANYthing to your liking. Let me know. I'll start on rough draft #2 asap.
Very Nice!
I know it sounds sacrilegious, but I prefer a soften (outline?) presentation for the gun. The idea is inform and convert, :celebratenotintimidate and alienate.:cry: