• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EPA UOC Guy "Proned Out"?

jdberger

imported post

Hi folks, sorry if this is inappropriate as my second post, but I'm doing a research project and I was wondering if anyone knew the identity of the person who was UOCing in East Palo Alto in late January/Early February and was "proned out" by Det. Tuason as mentioned in his Facebook post.

Please, feel free to PM me here or at Calguns or send me an email at jdberger AT hotmail DOT com.

Thanks and keep on fighting the good fight.

We are winning.

cato

imported post

Welcome jd

If it was anyone here I'm sure they'll be in touch. Beyond the facebook comments, do you have another sourcefor this incident?

jdberger

imported post

cato wrote:
Welcome jd

If it was anyone here I'm sure they'll be in touch. Beyond the facebook comments, do you have another sourcefor this incident?

I do have another source - though it's third-hand. Unfortunately, I can't get any contact info out of it.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

cato

imported post

The man, who lives in Redwood City, later apologized to police and said "he didn't really think it out," Norris added.

He doesn't sound like one of us. Might try a PRAR through EPA as the next best thing. Maybe Oaklander could help with that.

poothrowingape

imported post

ARTICLE SAYS:
...alerted police after patrons became frightened....

I'm getting pretty sick of this. It seems to be the bulk of people reactions when i talk to them(educate rather) about firearms.

"Gun's are bad"

"Do you want to murder someone?"

Today in class I was surprised to see how many college students are interested in owning firearms. I wasnt able to bring up OCDO though due to my instructor grabbing the reigns and continueing his lesson.

I did however,have the opportunity to educate 2guysat work about guns a few weeks ago. I can't remember how the conversation went this way but one of them said, "AK-47's are terrorist weapons. All the BG's in my video games use them."

I was lucky enough to interject and tell him it isn't the gun that's bad or a terrorist, its the BG's and terrorists using them. The only reason they use the "AK" is because theyre cheap throw away guns that will take any abuse you put it through. I could tell by the look on his face that something might have gotten threw to him.

EDIT: sorry if i hijacked the thread. I just had to vent :cuss:

jdberger

imported post

cato wrote:
The man, who lives in Redwood City, later apologized to police and said "he didn't really think it out," Norris added.

He doesn't sound like one of us. Might try a PRAR through EPA as the next best thing. Maybe Oaklander could help with that.
I'm trying to avoid the PRAR route. I'd rather not tip my hand.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

There's no evidence suggesting that anybody was proned out in EPA. The officer merely commented that he would prone somebody out. I'm not even sure if anybody in this state has ever been proned out for OCing.

jdberger

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
There's no evidence suggesting that anybody was proned out in EPA. The officer merely commented that he would prone somebody out. I'm not even sure if anybody in this state has ever been proned out for OCing.

Actually, the officer mentioned that he DID "prone out" someone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

"Haha, we had one guy last week try to do it!" Tuason replied, referring to a Redwood City man who strolled into the Mi Pueblo Food Center in East Palo Alto on Jan. 27 with a gun on his hip. "He got proned out and reminded where he was at and that turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!"

Edward Peruta

imported post

Call the Mi Pueblo Food Center in East Palo Alto and speak with the manager to see if he has any information or recallsthe incident which is alleged to have occurred on Jan. 27.

The dispatch logs should also reflect any calls or units dispatched to that establishment on that day.

jdberger

imported post

Mr. Peruta, any idea on how to get access to the dispatch logs without a PRAR?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

jdberger wrote:
Actually, the officer mentioned that he DID "prone out" someone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

"Haha, we had one guy last week try to do it!" Tuason replied, referring to a Redwood City man who strolled into the Mi Pueblo Food Center in East Palo Alto on Jan. 27 with a gun on his hip. "He got proned out and reminded where he was at and that turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!"
Ah, my apologies. I sincerely doubt he was proned out on the ground though. Police officers might exaggerate a tad when talking about such things.

Edward Peruta

imported post

jdberger wrote:

Most police departments have daily activity sheets or Computer Aided Dispatch records that show all activity.

I believe you or someone else may have to file the records request to view the CAD/daily dispatch sheet or January 27th.

You don't have to say what you're looking for, and may be able to do it after a phone call to determine if there was a call to the specific location/business on the day in question.

Why would anyone be afraid to simply ask the question:

Were there any officers dispatched to a call at X location on January 2th?

It may be as simple as that to determine if any calls were recorded.

jdberger

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
jdberger wrote:

Most police departments have daily activity sheets or Computer Aided Dispatch records that show all activity.

I believe you or someone else may have to file the records request to view the CAD/daily dispatch sheet or January 27th.

You don't have to say what you're looking for, and may be able to do it after a phone call to determine if there was a call to the specific location/business on the day in question.

Why would anyone be afraid to simply ask the question:

Were there any officers dispatched to a call at X location on January 2th?

It may be as simple as that to determine if any calls were recorded.

I need the identity of the UOCer. I don't think the dispatch logs will have that.

I already pinged the reporter. Thanks.

Edward Peruta

imported post

IF there was a call and they proned someone, odds are they ran his name or the serial number of any weapon involved. I'm sure they couldn't resist.

If you identify the location, date and time, of any call, then you ask to listen to any audio of the dispatch tapes or related written or electonic records.

cato

imported post

jdberger wrote:

Your secret is safe with us. SHHHHHH guys, nobody here tip of the cops...capeesh? :lol:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

cato wrote:
jdberger wrote:

Your secret is safe with us. SHHHHHH guys, nobody here tip of the cops...capeesh? :lol:

For the newbies that don't know why we're laughing...

Since roughly July 2007 we've known these forums to be regularly "patrolled" by many police departments. Further, some real Gestapo-types take it upon themselves to do it in the personal time in order to find ways to be a thorn inour side.

Nothing on the internet is a secret, and especially anything here.