• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EPA UOC Guy "Proned Out"?

inbox485

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
cato wrote:
jdberger wrote:

I'm trying to avoid the PRAR route. I'd rather not tip my hand.
Your secret is safe with us. SHHHHHH guys, nobody here tip of the cops...capeesh? :lol:

For the newbies that don't know why we're laughing...

Since roughly July 2007 we've known these forums to be regularly "patrolled" by many police departments. Further, some real Gestapo-types take it upon themselves to do it in the personal time in order to find ways to be a thorn inour side.

Nothing on the internet is a secret, and especially anything here.
What's posted on on OCDO stays archived in several PD archives. I'd imagine they have figured out how to auto-spider to catch posts that are short lived or later deleted.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
cato wrote:
jdberger wrote:

Your secret is safe with us. SHHHHHH guys, nobody here tip of the cops...capeesh? :lol:

Since roughly July 2007 we've known these forums to be regularly "patrolled" by many police departments. Further, some real Gestapo-types take it upon themselves to do it in the personal time in order to find ways to be a thorn inour side.

What's posted on on OCDO stays archived in several PD archives. I'd imagine they have figured out how to auto-spider to catch posts that are short lived or later deleted.

This is not paranoia.

LEO do know, and keep tabs on both individual members and when and where meetups are occuring.

It may sound self-aggrandizing to say that "oh well, we are so important and such a challenge to authority that they spy on us!", but the fact of the matter is, for whatever reason, they do.

Their own resources aside, anyone can search posts on this site, or attempt to search for archives through such resources as:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

inbox485

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
inbox485 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
cato wrote:
jdberger wrote:

Your secret is safe with us.  SHHHHHH guys, nobody here tip of the cops...capeesh?  :lol:

Since roughly July 2007 we've known these forums to be regularly "patrolled" by many police departments. Further, some real Gestapo-types take it upon themselves to do it in the personal time in order to find ways to be a thorn in our side.

This is not paranoia.

LEO do know, and keep tabs on both individual members and when and where meetups are occuring.

It may sound self-aggrandizing to say that "oh well, we are so important and such a challenge to authority that they spy on us!", but the fact of the matter is, for whatever reason, they do.

Their own resources aside, anyone can search posts on this site, or attempt to search for archives through such resources as:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

While it was a slight stab at humor playing on the what happens in Vegas stays on you tube joke, I was being entirely sincere.

Edit: also the archive.org only works to a limited extent. I'm talking about bots that monitor the recent threads list for update or creation and copy the posts within seconds of posting so that they can't disappear a few minutes later. The program would be pretty simple and I'd be shocked if the freeware didn't already exist.

b1ack5mith

imported post

jdberger wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
There's no evidence suggesting that anybody was proned out in EPA. The officer merely commented that he would prone somebody out. I'm not even sure if anybody in this state has ever been proned out for OCing.

Actually, the officer mentioned that he DID "prone out" someone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

"Haha, we had one guy last week try to do it!" Tuason replied, referring to a Redwood City man who strolled into the Mi Pueblo Food Center in East Palo Alto on Jan. 27 with a gun on his hip. "He got proned out and reminded where he was at and that turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!"
Jacked for his gun LOLOL! If I was a bad guy and saw someone with a gun, I would walk the other way!

TatankaGap

imported post

Non-UOCer Shot Dead in East Palo Alto -

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/25/BALK1C75SU.DTL

Man, 32, shot to death in East Palo Alto Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, February 25, 2010

(02-25) 10:27 PST EAST PALO ALTO -- A 32-year-old man was shot and killed in East Palo Alto, police said today.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was shot at least once in the head at an apartment complex at 913 Tinsley St. shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday. The man had been standing on a patio with a group of people when at least two gunmen emerged from the complex and opened fire, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by residents and the city's ShotSpotter acoustic surveillance system.

No arrests have been made.

E-mail Henry K. Lee at hlee@sfchronicle.com.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/25/BALK1C75SU.DTL#ixzz0gbykrqk8

dirtykoala

imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
Non-UOCer Shot Dead in East Palo Alto -

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/25/BALK1C75SU.DTL

Man, 32, shot to death in East Palo Alto Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, February 25, 2010

(02-25) 10:27 PST EAST PALO ALTO -- A 32-year-old man was shot and killed in East Palo Alto, police said today.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was shot at least once in the head at an apartment complex at 913 Tinsley St. shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday. The man had been standing on a patio with a group of people when at least two gunmen emerged from the complex and opened fire, police said. Officers were alerted to the shooting by residents and the city's ShotSpotter acoustic surveillance system.

No arrests have been made.

E-mail Henry K. Lee at hlee@sfchronicle.com.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/25/BALK1C75SU.DTL#ixzz0gbykrqk8
i cant express how much i HATE east palo alto. ive had several friends shot there, one ruled as a suicide even though 3 shots were fired. apparently my friend missed his head twice, the third one made it. i hate the city in general for pretending to be a part of palo alto, they were once ravenswood, as a part of their reform, they became east palo alto to sound more like their great neighbor. east palo alto is not even in the same county as palo alto. east palo alto was/is so under funded that they are allowed to send their kids to palo alto schools. again, different county, why is one santa clara county paying for san mateo country kids education? i have crazy storries about EPA, many that i should not post online. sorry to who ever reads this, i had to vent. tuason just made me that much more angry with EPA.

jdberger

imported post

I realize that LE watches the forums (not just this one). But it takes work, effort, manpower to do so.

A PRAR is a little less "subtle".

So - back on track....

Anyone know who this dude is? :D

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

It is no surprise cops monitor the forums. Here is a BOLO from the local police about me. If you look you'll see all kinds of info directly from this site and others...

metropolicebolo.jpg