Thread: Shooting in Lttleton

scubabeme

Post imported post

Well this sure as bleep won't help our cause. Very lttle detail at this time.
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...3326&catid=339

Post imported post

Not possible. There's a law against carrying a firearm on school property. Must be some mistake.

Post imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
    Not possible. There's a law against carrying a firearm on school property. Must be some mistake.
    This was my first thought. Couldn't happen. There are laws against carrying near a school.

Glad the kids are going to be okay.

I am really wondering why this guy did it. According to the story he didn't resist capture.

Can't wait to see what the Brady bunch has to say about this.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Since it was the Brady Bunch (oops Campaign) who helped to implement the "Criminal Safe Zone" (oops again "Gun Free Zone"), they are partially to blame for this type of event in that it prevents law abiding citizens from carrying on school property, which may have helped.

I am really glad those two kids are going to be ok. Thank goodness for that teacher who took that maniac down.

This type of stuff just really ticks me off. :X

”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

scubabeme

Post imported post

And it's that very kind of maniac that makes us feel we need to carry in the first place!!

Post imported post

Didnt you read, he was OUTSIDE the school. He read the signs and didnt come in, so it worked. +1 for the BradyBunch. Unfortuantely, its +2M/year for us.

scubabeme wrote:
    Well this sure as bleep won't help our cause. Very lttle detail at this time.
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...&catid=339

scubabeme

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    Didnt you read, he was OUTSIDE the school.
    When I posted, that info wasn't available, detail is stIll developing...

Post imported post

"Lengthy criminal history of charges, including assault, domestic violence and DUI." But...but...DUI is a felony....and...domestic violence offenders aren't ALLOWED to have guns of any kind! That would mean the bad guy got a gun ILLEGALLY and took it within a 1000 feet of the school. That just CAN'T happen, right? It's a GUN FREE zone!

Tell me again why teachersand school staff can't use CCWs?

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    "Lengthy criminal history of charges, including assault, domestic violence and DUI." But...but...DUI is a felony....and...domestic violence offenders aren't ALLOWED to have guns of any kind! That would mean the bad guy got a gun ILLEGALLY and took it within a 1000 feet of the school. That just CAN'T happen, right? It's a GUN FREE zone!

Tell me again why teachersand school staff can't use CCWs?
    +1

Post imported post

Anyone notice there wasn't really a peep from the Brady crowd over that professor, Liberal, that shot her co-workers after they voted to not give her tenure?

scubabeme

Post imported post

NOted, and wating for the uproar over this incident. It was expressed in a meeting I attended today--"Too bad there wasn't a CCW holder present to stop him before he shot anyone--would've saved a lot of taxpayer dollars for trial and incarceration."

Post imported post

I really hate that people somehow make this a liberal vs. conservative issue, which is is not at all.

The brady crowd does not use individual examples most of the time because there is always the comeback that it could have been stopped with law-abiding citizens preventing it. Instead they use large numbers, usually biased to "prove" a viewpoint.

zach wrote:
    Anyone notice there wasn't really a peep from the Brady crowd over that professor, Liberal, that shot her co-workers after they voted to not give her tenure?

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    I really hate that people somehow make this a liberal vs. conservative issue, which is is not at all.

The brady crowd does not use individual examples most of the time because there is always the comeback that it could have been stopped with law-abiding citizens preventing it. Instead they use large numbers, usually biased to "prove" a viewpoint.

zach wrote:
    While it may not be a liberal vs. conservative to you, that is the way I perceive the situation I mentioned. If that woman had been a conservative professor, my guess is that there would have been a whole lot more from the anti-gun crowd.

Back to the school shooting discussion......

Post imported post

Maybe, Maybe not. Everyone uses things to their advantage. Just like you pointing that she was a liberal professor.

She was a loon, should have been taken for evaluation many years ago. That's the only issue here.

zach wrote:
    zach wrote:
    While it may not be a liberal vs. conservative to you, that is the way I perceive the situation I mentioned. If that woman had been a conservative professor, my guess is that there would have been a whole lot more from the anti-gun crowd.

Back to the school shooting discussion......

Post imported post

Any updates on the kid that was in critical?

The way I see it is this will do one of two things:
    It will make buying a gun and getting a CCW just that much harder for law abiding citizens or;
    it will push Colorado into the crowd of states that are telling the federal government that their laws are not valid on a state level.

I personally think that the citizens of Colorado are going to get very tired of shootings very quickly. And, not that I agree with the tactic but, now would be the perfect time for an established gun rights organization to educate the public on why it is important for people to carry. It's something many organizations capitalize on to garner support, but more importantly, if they talk about how this could have been prevented if teachers and staff of schools were allowed to carry with a CCW it may actually open people's eyes to the problem.

I don't know, I could be way off base here, but that's my opinion on the situation. I hope all the kids are okay, I'm sure it's an experience that will never leave them.

scubabeme

Post imported post

Thank the Lord above, he's recovering and is in good spirits.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...&catid=339

Post imported post

I saw only the very first news regarding this incident. My opinion thus far:

Two shot. Zero killed. If this had happened anywherebut a school, it would have been page six of tomorrow's news. Because it was a school, we get a media frenzy. Let's all just publicize it just a little bit more.

Post imported post

The media coverage, in my opinion, is at least somewhat justified. The injured are children. It does look bad for guns, but anyone with any sense will see that it's worse for crazy people. Also, if I had kids and they were in school, I would want there to be media coverage about it, especially if I'm not there to pick them up. I would rather find out SOMEHOW, than not know until after the police decided to inform me, which could take hours. Just my opinion, again, but I don't think that the media coverage should be a bad thing, just how the media spins things.

Post imported post

If I had children in school (which I do) I would want armed teachers and administrators available and in today's society I would want them to have some intervention and firearms training. Like we have fire drills.

Post imported post

Definately a good idea, to allow teachers to take courses, similar to pilots after 9/11 in which they could be armed and protect our kids.

SDguy wrote:
    If I had children in school (which I do) I would want armed teachers and administrators available and in today's society I would want them to have some intervention and firearms training. Like we have fire drills.