• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - DEROS72

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Bookman wrote:
I just talked to DEROS's son-in-law. He's out of surgery and being prepped for ICU. His daughter will be going in to see him shortly.
His daughter called me on my way to work. She said the surgery went better than the doctors expected. He'll be in ICU through tomorrow (2/24) and if nothing happens he'll be moved to a regular room the next day.

FMCDH

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Bookman wrote:
I just talked to DEROS's son-in-law. He's out of surgery and being prepped for ICU. His daughter will be going in to see him shortly.
His daughter called me on my way to work. She said the surgery went better than the doctors expected. He'll be in ICU through tomorrow (2/24) and if nothing happens he'll be moved to a regular room the next day.
Excellent!

Speedy recovery Jim! :)

Squeak

imported post

When I dropped him off at the H this morning, he told me to call him this afternoon. I did and he won't answer the phone. I kinda figgered as much.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Squeak wrote:
When I dropped him off at the H this morning, he told me to call him this afternoon. I did and he won't answer the phone. I kinda figgered as much.
His surgery got started late for some reason. When I talked to his daughter at about 4:00 he had just come out of surgery.

Squeak

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Some of us would like to go visit jim got an address and rm number?
He's going to be moved.No room number yet. Bookman will let us know. The H is 1600 Jefferson, Seattle. It is also called Cherry Hill Medical.All part of Swedish.

j2l3

imported post

The odds are good you will be required to leave and trespassed if you refuse.

DEROS won't have a room number until he gets out of ICU late tomorrow or the next day.

If I recall, he is at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. I think it's at Madison and maybe 8th...

FMCDH

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Some of us would like to go visit jim got an address and rm number?
I've wondered before if a hospital would trespass me for OC'ing.
Id say there would be a pretty good chance that they would ask you to leave, if not trespass you outright.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

You are probably right.

I have OC'ed at the Overlake 24 hour emergency clinic before, but I don't think it is in the same league as Swedish.

Concealed is probably best for a visit to Jim.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Thanks for the updates bookman, keep them coming. Say hey to Jim for me once he is in a room, thanks Orphan

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tell Jim that it is.................

easy-button.jpg
He will be better soon.....we are all pulling for him!

Stretch

imported post

Bookman wrote:
...moved to a regular room the next day.
Are you sure that he is qualified for one of those???? I'm just saying.... :):celebrate

Good to hear things went well on the serious side.