• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - DEROS72

compmanio365

imported post

Good to hear he's doing well. In the ICU, only family will be admitted.....and while I think it's damned admirable so many care about a fellow OCer, the man needs his rest, not to be mobbed by fellow OCers after a surgery....send a card, but I'd leave the man to rest until I was asked to come. Not to mention that his immune system will be weakened after this surgery, and the last thing he needs is to catch something from one of us.

I'd like to send the man a card, and let him know he's in our prayers and well wishes.....bookman/squeak, any ideas as to where to send a card, maybe an address in a PM, or send them to one of you guys?

heresolong

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Id say there would be a pretty good chance that they would ask you to leave, if not trespass you outright.
I don't think they can't trespass you outright. They have to ask you leave and can only trespass you if you refuse to comply with their request (at least that's my understanding).

So did Deros OC to his surgery? Wouldn't that have been funny?

Best wishes to him for his recovery. Hopefully he took his laptop so he can keep up on our discussions and read our bw. Any change of anyone printing this thread out and taking it in when they visit him?

Edit: Hey, what if we were to file some sort of notice on Deros. Then we could visit him while carrying and they couldn't stop us. :)

In any prosecution under RCW 9A.52.070 and 9A.52.080, it is a defense that:
(4) The actor was attempting to serve legal process which includes any document required or allowed to be served upon persons or property, by any statute, rule, ordinance, regulation, or court order, excluding delivery by the mails of the United States. This defense applies only if the actor did not enter into a private residence or other building not open to the public and the entry onto the premises was reasonable and necessary for service of the legal process.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Edit: Hey, what if we were to file some sort of notice on Deros. Then we could visit him while carrying and they couldn't stop us. :)
What a great way to show you care.

"Hey Jim, hope you feel better soon. Oh, by the way; you've been served"

:lol:

amzbrady

imported post

I dont know about Jim, but I do know when I got out of surgery, I didnt want to see anyone, I just wanted to relax and sleep. Might wanna ask before you just show up.

Dave Workman

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Good to hear he's doing well.  In the ICU, only family will be admitted.....and while I think it's damned admirable so many care about a fellow OCer, the man needs his rest, not to be mobbed by fellow OCers after a surgery....send a card, but I'd leave the man to rest until I was asked to come.  Not to mention that his immune system will be weakened after this surgery, and the last thing he needs is to catch something from one of us.

Y-Y-You mean...there's NOT going to be a party? !!!!

:what:
:uhoh:

What the hell am I supposed to do with 10 dozen shrimp, 200 hot dogs and buns, 16 bags of Lays potato chips and that chilled keg of Bud?

Not to mention two boxes of Havanas, the three=piece band, fireworks and that girl named Rhonda who dances down at the tavern?

Dave Workman

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Well, since you put it that way........

Party time at Dave's house! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Won't work.

I stashed it down at DEROS' place.

:lol::lol:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

DEROS called me this morning. He's feeling pretty sore right now They had to do a valve repair and a five-way bypass. He's still in ICU, but may get a regular room sometime this afternoon. If he does he's supposed to call and let me know, so I can drop by in the morning after work. From the way he sounded and what he told me about how he's feeling I think we need to give him another day before we start dropping in on him.

Squeak

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I'd like to send the man a card, and let him know he's in our prayers and well wishes.....bookman/squeak, any ideas as to where to send a card, maybe an address in a PM, or send them to one of you guys?
Anyone wanting to send Deros a card, PM me and I'll see that he gets it. I've been to his place and the H a gazillion times! Heh,heh. I am also making something for him(hope he doesn't read this) so if anyone wants to help out is fine.

Ajetpilot

imported post

Boy, that's tough. That is the kind of procedure you would expect to be done on some over weight putz like me. DEROS looks to be in good shape. Sorry to hear about him. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Dave Workman

imported post

Bookman wrote:
DEROS called me this morning. He's feeling pretty sore right now They had to do a valve repair and a five-way bypass. He's still in ICU, but may get a regular room sometime this afternoon. If he does he's supposed to call and let me know, so I can drop by in the morning after work. From the way he sounded and what he told me about how he's feeling I think we need to give him another day before we start dropping in on him.

There go the rest of my plans.
Guess I'll have to call the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and the Sea Gals back and tell 'em to cancel the trip.

Wish him my best! ;)

Squeak

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:

Guess I'll have to call the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and the Sea Gals back and tell 'em to cancel the trip.

Wish him my best! ;)
Whoa, there! I dumped him off at the H so WE could have the gals!! :celebrateWHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! :cuss:

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Squeak wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Wish him my best! ;)
Whoa, there! I dumped him off at the H so WE could have the gals!! :celebrateWHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! :cuss:
I'm all for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders coming to town to see US.