• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - DEROS72

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Who's "DEROS?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know him. He's that guy. Yeah, the guy over there. The one who did that that thing. Uh huh! He did that thing about that other thing. He was on the news. What channel? Why, the channel that covered that thing! Not to mention that other channel that covered the thing when it wasn't as big a thing.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

BTW - He's being released from custody... uh, I mean the hospital this morning. I imagine he'll be online shortly after he gets to his daughter's house.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Bookman wrote:
BTW - He's being released from custody... uh, I mean the hospital this morning. I imagine he'll be online shortly after he gets to his daughter's house.
Glad to hear he is getting out and back into the swing of things.

FMCDH

imported post

Bookman wrote:
You know him. He's that guy. Yeah, the guy over there. The one who did that that thing. Uh huh! He did that thing about that other thing. He was on the news. What channel? Why, the channel that covered that thing! Not to mention that other channel that covered the thing when it wasn't as big a thing.
O, THAT guy!

Why didn't you say so in the first place! See how clear things are when you stop beating around the bush? ;)

edit: You could have just said, "That guy, with the hair." :p

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Bookman wrote:
O, THAT guy!

Why didn't you say so in the first place! See how clear things are when you stop beating around the bush? ;)

Well, that would have excluded jarhead1055 and a few others but....

FMCDH

imported post

Bookman wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Bookman wrote:
O, THAT guy!

How about....

"That guy, with the camera ready hair." :D

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Bookman wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Bookman wrote:
O, THAT guy!

How about....

"That guy, with the camera ready hair." :D

Now THAT might have worked.

DEROS72

imported post

Well my hair survived intact.Oh wait I had heart surgery.Hair transplant...now that would be tramatic .I just wanted to say thanks for all the support.Especially Bookman and Squeak for looking after my stuff and getting me to where I needed to be..I am still really hurting.That was the most painful thing one could wake up to.Coming out of anastesia is about as weird as it gets .Still waiting on the party Dave! I was told i'll be 6 or so weeks recovering but the out look is good.Still feeling a little weak so I'm going to go for now..Thanks again guys you all made a huge difference!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Well my hair survived intact.Oh wait I had heart surgery.Hair transplant...now that would be tramatic .I just wanted to say thanks for all the support.Especially Bookman and Squeak for looking after my stuff and getting me to where I needed to be..I am still really hurting.That was the most painful thing one could wake up to.Coming out of anastesia is about as weird as it gets .Still waiting on the party Dave! I was told i'll be 6 or so weeks recovering but the out look is good.Still feeling a little weak so I'm going to go for now..Thanks again guys you all made a huge difference!
WELCOME BACK!:monkey

Dave Workman

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

Oh, swell. Guy is "nowhere to be found" for a few days and NOW he wants to party.

Dunno how to break this to ya, pal.
I sent the cheerleaders home
I had to cancel the band because the governor was gonna make me get a permit and the fee would have balanced the state budget.
The food? A bunch of hungry Liberals showed up and ate it, I guess because it was easier than getting jobs.

And then the word got out you were gonna be the guest of honor and women started fainting dead away, gasping "Oh, the silver-haired TV star!"

Did you know they were lined up three deep at Starbucks waiting for your autograph?

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Trigger Dr

imported post

I know a very very beautiful belly dancer... I think she and I will pay him a visit:cool:

Richard6218

imported post

Jim:

So glad to hear it's all over and from here on out it's all sunshine and roses :cool:

Seriously, I know what you're going thru as I came within 2 days of having the same. They gave me the whole briefing and I actually started planning for what you're doing now. So I know it's no fun. But look forward, and each day will be better than the one before. And before long you'll be back punching holes in paper with the rest of us.