• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

off topic about NCIC background check

southernk30

imported post

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I figured Id get the most help here. So I just bought a Ar15 online from some dealer in TX, I had a local shop (Dominion Arms) send their FFL info them, they got it and said they would send it out tomorrow. So the gun will probably get to Dominion Arms early next week. Heres my problem, Im going camping next weekend, and I know I still wont have the gun. The last two guns I bought (one handgun and one rifle) it took over 5 days to clear my background check. Is there any thing I can do? Someone told me that I can request a special NCIC number to put on your form for future transactions, anyone heard of this? I guess I call the shop tomorrow and see if its possible to start the check now, but Im pretty sure it doesnt work that way.

manisbad

imported post

Im guessing you mean NICS check not NCIC, but no worries there, people get them confused all the time.

As for the special number there are 2 a UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number)which is issued by the FEDS, and the UFIN (unique Firearms Identification Number) issued by the VSP. The UPIN and UFIN wont help if you are only being delayed. They are basically used to help people that have had their identity stolen or there is someone with the exact same name and DOB as you.