• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC Successful

acmariner99

imported post

Needed to get some shopping done, so I figured I would try my first official OC in public. I have been slowly getting used to having my gun in my possession by carrying at home, to and from my car (sometimes I have to park down the street) and just locking it away when I have to get out of the car. But today I went to the local Fry's and the bank branch there. I went about my business without any trouble. Found out pretty quickly that if you are confident and act like a "normal" human being, people will let you go on about your business. I Felt both nervous and excited, but as this forum has noted many times, the nervousness goes away with experience. Thank you to all of you who have helped sort out the "kinks" in Arizona gun law. I love this state!!

matt35

imported post

I felt the same way when I first started OCing, nervous and excited. I carry myself as if I was carring a cell phone instead of a gun, relaxed and confident, and I haven't had any issues yet. Carry on friend and remember to educate the curious and ignorant and forgive the morons. BTW, what do you carry? I carry a Glock 27 .40

acmariner99

imported post

My weapon of choice is a full (new) Springfield XD .45ACP. Its a beautiful piece of equipment. Actually when going to get something for a friend, I got a few nods. Its surprisingly easy to interact with people. Its nice to know that here in Arizona people don't think you are crazy for carrying. Keep Carrying, Stay Safe.

Because a cop is too heavy!

*1911_man*

imported post

Thats awesome, i used to be the same way, untill i started just not thinking about me having a gun at my side and it got easier, Glad it went well for you, BTW, i carry a full sized springfield 1911 :)

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Congratulations on the successful OC!

I'm glad people are giving you the "nod". It's much better than the "Look, I'm a gun owner myself, but..."

1911 here as well, though I've been known to affiliate myself with a certain glock of the 10mm persuasion. People say he's a bad influence. :lol:

ETA: It's also funny when people whisper, "Hey, you're showing!". It's akin to someone telling you your zipper is down, but instead of blushing you can nonchalantly reply, "I know!"

GWbiker

imported post

acmariner99 wrote:
Needed to get some shopping done, so I figured I would try my first official OC in public. I have been slowly getting used to having my gun in my possession by carrying at home, to and from my car (sometimes I have to park down the street) and just locking it away when I have to get out of the car. But today I went to the local Fry's and the bank branch there.  I went about my business without any trouble. Found out pretty quickly that if you are confident and act like a "normal" human being, people will let you go on about your business. I Felt both nervous and excited, but as this forum has noted many times, the nervousness goes away with experience. Thank you to all of you who have helped sort out the "kinks" in Arizona gun law. I love this state!!

Good show:celebrate

OC soon becomes as easy as slipping on a belt thru the holster.

acmariner99

imported post

The 1911 is a good gun. One of the guys at a local gun shop showed me the XD and I was hooked. Keep Carrying folks! And thanks for all your help!!