Thread: Another Gun off the Street

Post imported post

Salinas police say they arrested a gang member about 12:50 a.m. today on the 400 block of East Market Street.

Police said they saw a Toyota Avalon driving on Kern Street and conducted a traffic stop for having a missing front license plate and a rear plate that had been reported lost or stolen.

Omero Venegas, 35, was the driver and sole occupant of the car, police said. He began exiting the car at the Shell gas station at East Market and Kern streets and refused to follow officers' instructions, police said, running away toward Kings Street. After jumping several fences, he was caught on North Madeira Avenue, where police said he again refused officers' commands and started to put his hands in his pockets.
    An officer deployed his Taser stun gun, striking Venegas in the upper torso, police said. Venegas continued to resist, officers said, and eventually was taken into custody.

Officers who searched Venegas' vehicle said they found a loaded .40-caliber Glock handgun stolen in a December burglary in Salinas. Venegas was booked at the Monterey County Jail on suspicion of several gun violations, resisting arrest and gang enhancements.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

I was just in Salinas over this last weekend. I saw a MMA fight in Chulula or whatever that small town is.

I wouldn't want to live in that area personally... look like lots of gang activities.

Post imported post

I think I'll steal a glock .40, put stolen plates on my car....back only and go drive around. Rocket surgeon?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

It's a good thing he was caught. He might have shot himself with a Glock fotay.

Post imported post

I guess some people just look like they should be pulled over. Sometimes my front plate is on, sometimes I take it off. My wife has her front plate off all of the time (mostly because I don't want to/ don't think I should have to drill holes in the bumper) and neither of us have been pulled over for it.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Hopefully the Glock is returned to its rightful owner. After all, that's why we have handgun registration in this state, isn't it?
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    Hopefully the Glock is returned to its rightful owner. After all, that's why we have handgun registration in this state, isn't it?
    I remember seeing on Cops, about a handgun that was found on a gangbanger in New Yorkthat was traced back to the police property room in Calif. Maybe I should hold that one till they find the owner.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    It's a good thing he was caught.Â* He might have shot himself with a Glock fotay.
    I think the word you're looking for is fo-tee.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    It's a good thing he was caught. He might have shot himself with a Glock fotay.
    I think the word you're looking for is fo-tee.
    Here?

Post imported post

lol I can admit i look like i should be pulled over all the time, but that doesnt mean its right or that i should be pulled over when i didnt do anything . its also sad to me that im already so used to being pulled over for nothing it doesnt really bother me anymore.

Post imported post

nerdyvirgin wrote:
    lol Â*I can admit i look like i should be pulled over all the time, but that doesnt mean its right or that i should be pulled over Â*when i didnt do anything . its also sadÂ* to me that im already so used to being pulled over for nothing it doesnt really bother me anymore.
    There must be SOME reason you're being pulled over, whether it's for something wrong with your car or your driving habits. Hopefully it is something because I would be worried if the police were making stops for absolutely nothing.

Good thing that gun is going back to its rightful owner (unless the serial numbers were scratched off). At least it's away from one more bad guy who could claim OC.

State Researcher

Post imported post

bogeyx5 wrote:
    nerdyvirgin wrote:
    lol I can admit i look like i should be pulled over all the time, but that doesnt mean its right or that i should be pulled over when i didnt do anything . its also sad to me that im already so used to being pulled over for nothing it doesnt really bother me anymore.
    There must be SOME reason you're being pulled over, whether it's for something wrong with your car or your driving habits. Hopefully it is something because I would be worried if the police were making stops for absolutely nothing.
    Yeah, because profiling is a fantasy conjured up by the ACLU, right?

Every cop I know freely admits using "hunches" and profiling to decide who to stop. It's easy enough to find a real reason to pull anybody over, and even easier to make something up.

99.999% (or more) of the innocent people stopped don't complain, so the cops just keep on doing it.

I was recently stopped at 2:00 AM with a car full of drunk friends (I was their DD). The cop claimed I was doing 53 in a 35. (I wasn't.) We were let go with a warning after they figured out we weren't up to no good.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

"Another Gun off the Street", and soon to be yours!