• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Worst example of an OCer

brokenbarrel

imported post

I went to the casa grande olive garden today and seen this grungy dirty long haired old guy come out wearing a hi-point 40 with one of those airsoft holsters.This guy took his kid (maybe 2 years old) who was autistic put him in the car seat of a white ford SUV with the windows up and was gonna go back inside.I couldnt help myself I told him what the F*** are you doing,he said he couldnt enjoy his meal because the kid was crying.I told him if he leaves that baby in the car its gonna be along time before he enjoys another one.I was gonna call P.D. but his wife came out and told him when they get home he can get his s**t and get out...So I figured the problem would take care of itself at that point,BUT if this guy is open carrying what do people who are already anti-rights think of opencarriers:banghead::banghead::banghead:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
I went to the casa grande olive garden today and seen this grungy dirty long haired old guy come out wearing a hi-point 40 with one of those airsoft holsters.This guy took his kid (maybe 2 years old) who was autistic put him in the car seat of a white ford SUV with the windows up and was gonna go back inside.I couldnt help myself I told him what the F*** are you doing,he said he couldnt enjoy his meal because the kid was crying.I told him if he leaves that baby in the car its gonna be along time before he enjoys another one.I was gonna call P.D. but his wife came out and told him when they get home he can get his s**t and get out...So I figured the problem would take care of itself at that point,BUT if this guy is open carrying what do people who are already anti-rights think of opencarriers:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Well, I guess that just goes to show that being an OCer doesn't necessarily mean one is a nice guy....

matt35

imported post

I would have called the cops anyway. He couldn't enjoy his dinner because his kid was crying too much?!?!?What an SOB. Good thing the wife had the good sense to tear him a new one and kick him to the curb.

acmariner99

imported post

Wow, good way to wreck the cause. Glad the wife knocked some sense into him. Pray the media doesn't get a hold of this. :cuss:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

acmariner99 wrote:
Wow, good way to wreck the cause. Glad the wife knocked some sense into him. Pray the media doesn't get a hold of this. :cuss:
I wonder if he is a member of OCDO? He could be reading this thread...

*1911_man*

imported post

Wow what an ass, people like that shouldnt own a firearm, much less be in controll of another persons life, like his own son. They give OC'ers a bad rep, luckily there are more good people than bad that OC. I would have also called the pd.

protector84

imported post

It may have been worth a call to the PD anyway. It sounded like a potential domestic disturbance brewing on one hand pluse Olive Gardens serves alcohol so OCing is illegal. The man was already breaking three laws: disorderly conduct, possession of a firearm in a liquor establishment, and child neglect.

Pace

imported post

There are examples of jerks in all segments of the population. That's what is wonderful about the constitution, it allows people to be jerks.

I assume he wasn't OCing in Olive Garden, that would be illegal, since they serve alcohol.

brokenbarrel wrote:

brokenbarrel

imported post

protector84 wrote:
It may have been worth a call to the PD anyway. It sounded like a potential domestic disturbance brewing on one hand pluse Olive Gardens serves alcohol so OCing is illegal. The man was already breaking three laws: disorderly conduct, possession of a firearm in a liquor establishment, and child neglect.
he was ocing in olive garden...arizonas liquor laws are so wierd you can have a kid in a bar,if you buy wine to take home at olive garden they have to open it and poor out one ounce then recork it-uh can you say open container-look up the liquor laws some of its funny.Maybe im reading it a little wrong seeing as how the cork has to be flush.:?

Pace

imported post

Well, it is illegal to OC in a restaurant serving liquor.

brokenbarrel wrote:
protector84 wrote:
he was ocing in olive garden...arizonas liquor laws are so wierd you can have a kid in a bar,if you buy wine to take home at olive garden they have to open it and poor out one ounce then recork it-uh can you say open container-look up the liquor laws some of its funny.Maybe im reading it a little wrong seeing as how the cork has to be flush.:?

brokenbarrel

imported post

ok so I had a discussion with a manager at olive garden in casa grande tonight,he told me that he just attended a alcohol class two weeks ago and do to the liquor license they hold.Open carry is legal in the non-bar section:what:I told him i think he misunderstood about ccw and opencarry.He told me thats what he thought,and that corporate will not allow a no-firearms sign because its bad for business:celebrate.I myself still am not gonna take that chance until Im clear on it..

Pace

imported post

If the entire establishment is licensed and there is no separation between the business, it does not matter. Just because they adopt that one section has alcohol the other does not for their own purpose, does not mean the establishment is not licensed. OC is illegal in the entire restaurant.

brokenbarrel wrote:
ok so I had a discussion with a manager at olive garden in casa grande tonight,he told me that he just attended a alcohol class two weeks ago and do to the liquor license they hold.Open carry is legal in the non-bar section:what:I told him i think he misunderstood about ccw and opencarry.He told me thats what he thought,and that corporate will not allow a no-firearms sign because its bad for business:celebrate.I myself still am not gonna take that chance until Im clear on it..

protector84

imported post

I think people are being a bit paranoid here. It does appear illegal to OC in a liquor establishment but honestly if you have a CCW I would be shocked if a police officer did anything other than educate you on the law and ask you to cover it up next time. I had even OCed in a bar once long before the new law passed and the most I got was the bartender asking me to leave it in the car. One time I even OCed in an elementary school during an evening meeting that had nothing to do with the school and the off-duty cop in there simply asked me to leave it in the car. No SWAT teams, no FBI, no screaming people. Sure, it isn't wise to push the law, but people act like they are instantly going to prison if they accidently skirt the law. Nope. I've even found that many if not most of the cops don't even know half of the laws they are supposed to enforce anyway.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

protector84 wrote:
I had even OCed in a bar once long before the new law passed and the most I got was ...One time I even OCed in an elementary school during an evening meeting that had nothing to do with the school and the ...
Were these violations of the then effective law?

M

McX

imported post

my hi point .40 feels violated by this posted event. betrayed, cast in a bad light. it's not the gun's fault, but the knob who was wearing it. airsoft holster?! low budget knob to boot.

brokenbarrel

imported post

just found out oc is allowed at olive garden there 2/3 profit is from food not alcohol,I still wont opencarry there cause it seems kinda like a grey area:?

p.s. I too own a hi-point(380)never had a ftf and put ALOT of rounds drown range although I did read up on them b4 I bought 1 so when I got it home polished the feed ramp.They come with overspray from the factory.:celebrate