• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

concealed class

Porter N

imported post

I guess this is a little off the OC topic, but I'm looking to get a CC permit (which wont stop me from OCing, either. I would just like to have the option of covering my firearm with my shirt if I feel so inclined.) does anyone know of a good instructor for a CCW class at a decent price?

ecocks

imported post

What area?

Ada County Sheriff runs a class on Wednesdays (think once a month) if you are in the Boise area. It's free and suffices for the license issue in Ada County.

ecocks

imported post

Also Impact usually has a couple of people advertising classes on the whiteboard in the main showroom. My son tooka CC course through there (with range time) and was pretty happy with it. 3T's or something was their name and range time is out at Black's Creek. I'll ask him tonight when he gets home.

ecocks

imported post

Ada Co. class is free but I know you're in Canyon and they may not accept it. Impact costs about $60 if I remember correctly. No range time on either of those. The guy who taught my son's class (also through Impact, but the upper level course WITH range time at Black's Creek) I think charged $100.

widescreen

imported post

The certificate that the Ada County gives you will be accepted everywhere in the state. It's recognized certification. I got mine from Paul Hogan out of Boise Gun Co, which was in Garden City. I then took the certificate down to the office in Caldwell. Had my CWP in two weeks.

None2Slow

imported post

My hunters ed was taken back in 1987 in another state, so they say I need to take a class. Just checking my options. Thanks guys and hope to see you sunday.

Todd33

imported post

The Ada county sheriff's website has a long list of firearms instructors on their concealed weapons page too.

timezoneguy

imported post

The wife and I just took the class taught by Ada County sheriff. It was free and totally amazing. I think every adult should take that class. Carry or not. We did not know what to expect, but were very impressed. she is signing up for her permit as I type. It's after work for me.