• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Topic : I have a question for local shooters

Guest1650

imported post

Okay.. I have just locked in my position with the WACJTC (wa,criminal justice training course, or center) for a range that I have to complete with my service pistol in order to carry it on my person while engaged in Fugitive Recovery Agent duties throughout the state.

My question is this.. Is there any local oly/centralia ranges free of charge?.. I particularly need to practice at 25 yards,with my .45 before I go take the course.. I know there was a little range in centralia, most called it the tono range, or steam plant range.. But is this range still in operation? I know a few of you have surely been out there. some of you were even there with me, some time ago. I just need an area granting 25 yards for me to practice with a stationary target..

Also... I need a spare mag for my pistol too.. It's a witness -p By EAA I cant find one anywhere!!!! Requirements are 2 mag min. as there are speed loading drills.

I have a few weeks to hammer this out.. But i Just need the range to practice at.... Or..does anyone have property they would possibly be willing to let me shoot up for a fee?

any information would be GREAT and No need to PM me.. Just reply here.. Unless of course you're including personal info.

thanks -Phill

DaemonForce

imported post

If I knew of any free ranges I would have been there already. I see you're in the Olympia area now. I need to learn how to handle my .22 and I'm thinking of checking out this Evergreen Sportsmen's place up near Littlerock this weekend. It's probably the cheapest around. It's a 100yd range though. I don't dare go near the Centralia's firing range. :shock:

Guest1650

imported post

Im still in centralia.. I just don't want EVERYONE knowing it.. especially with my new job.. it's just a little added privacy I would like to think i can trust most on this forum.. Obviously we have some wookies, and a fair share of trolls.. but it's whatever. Id be interested in checking out that range with you.. if you don't mind some company.. I have some .22 ammo, and i would drive..

If you're down.. let me know

DaemonForce

imported post

phil teters wrote:
Im still in centralia.. I just don't want EVERYONE knowing it.. especially with my new job.. it's just a little added privacy I would like to think i can trust most on this forum.. Obviously we have some wookies, and a fair share of trolls.. but it's whatever. Id be interested in checking out that range with you.. if you don't mind some company.. I have some .22 ammo, and i would drive..

If you're down.. let me know
Oh shit we have wookies?! We need lead bunkers! Stat! :uhoh:

I would take you up on this but it's something that's supposed to be between me and my grandfather. If someone else were with us he would probably be distracted or get into a long conversation with someone about cars, engines and well...When you're the best journeyman mechanic of your kind, it gets pretty difficult to walk around anywhere without someone knowing you and talking to you for about an hour or less. So yeah, it's kind of a sacred bird for right now. :)

Guest1650

imported post

To be honest, I've never been to capital forest.let qlone e ven having any idea where its at. I'm assuming somewhere in thurston county would be a safe bet. But as familiar as I am with the area, I am yet to ever go there. Oh. And as far as my bagazines go. The more common " cz- 75" pistols apparently use an. Identical mag. As with the itilian tangfolio models. So I should be able to find one. Now I just have to find a retention holster. My bianchi minimalist doesn't use any for of retention. I'm thinking the bianchi carry lock ? Or just a nice fobus paddlea?

Metalhead47

imported post

Have you tried going directly to EAA's website to order mags? I doubt if you'll find any locally. Good luck finding a true retention holster for anything Witness-based, I don't think any exist.:uhoh: Supposedly some folks have modified various Blackhawk SERPA holsters to work, this may or may not be acceptable for your circumstance.

massivedesign

imported post

phil teters wrote:
To be honest, I've never been to capital forest.let qlone e ven having any idea where its at. I'm assuming somewhere in thurston county would be a safe bet. But as familiar as I am with the area, I am yet to ever go there. Oh. And as far as my bagazines go. The more common " cz- 75" pistols apparently use an. Identical mag. As with the itilian tangfolio models. So I should be able to find one. Now I just have to find a retention holster. My bianchi minimalist doesn't use any for of retention. I'm thinking the bianchi carry lock ? Or just a nice fobus paddlea?

There is a big SeattleGuns.net shoot happening there this weekend.. Directions are on the site..