• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School shooting with rifle

lil_freak_66

imported post

posted in the true tales of self defense section!

and arent school shootings ONLY commited with handguns and "assault rifles"???

i got that it was a hunting type rifle used,some sort of bolt action would be my guess.

manicdevery

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
It has to be a media error....convicted felons can't have guns...it's against the law!:uhoh::uhoh:
I hope he gets his ticketed for having a firearm in a gun free zone.

just think what would have happened if a law abiding citizen were to be legally carrying there. . . another gun during a shooting?!?!?!?. . . mayhem, utter mayhem i tell you!!!:what:

SlowDog

imported post

OK....I was sitting here wondering. If I am dropping off my son and see this idiot shooting kids would I be charged if I had stepped out of my truck and planted said shooter where he stood? After all I would be discharging a weapon on school property......hmmmmm :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Edited for spelling....DOH!

Hombre

Banned
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
OK....I was sitting here wondering. If I am dropping off my son and see this idiot shooting kids would I be charged if I had stepped out of my truck and planted said shooter where he stood? After all I would be discharging a weapon on school property......hmmmmm :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Edited for spelling....DOH!
If you were prosecuted I doubt any jury would ever convict you (besides that, I'll bet a prosecutor would be looking for a new job come election time).

SlowDog

imported post

Would just have to worry about the quarter mil needed for defense lawyer....that said, I would still stop the piece of s*^t from huring any kids.....just sayin....

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
+1,000,000

I truly beleive that such a case, where some permit holder, or OCer clearly stopped a columbine situation, would be the only way to get rid of these GFSZ.
Even if the permit holder was not charged, the Brady Bunch would be all over it and I doubt it would have any effectwhatsoever towards repealing the GFSZ.

EDA50

imported post

The biggest issue here is that the teacher that took the shooter down was familiar with guns in general, and knew that the perp would stall in between rounds with his bolt action (dumb ass) rifle. That is when he (the teacher) tackled him. Why isn’t the news emphasizing that? Headlines, “Gun savvy teacher save the freaking day “

Just my $.02

lapeer20m

imported post

as far as a permit holder in michigan shooting that guy.....

parking lots even at schools at not pfz's (if you have cpl)

and

a school is only a pfz if you are concealed carrying.

Having a non-concealed pistol on school property is not illegal if you are a cpl holder.

In michigan, there is no such thing as a federal "gun free school zone" as long as you have a cpl, or a pistol that is legally registered to you.

According to the self defense act, taking out the bg would appear to be a good shoot

780.972 Use of deadly force by individual not engaged in commission of crime; conditions. Sec. 2. (1) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses deadly force may use deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if either of the following applies: (a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual. (b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual. (2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.

You may need that quarter million dollars for your court case if you were brought up on charges. But you would probably get donations to cover the costs after the national news media made you into a hero for shooting that sob! In a perfect world, you would not be charged with a crime.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Lapeer, thats clearly not what the judge said in my case. The judge was clear, that the CPL school parking lot exemption applied only to those who were picking up or dropping offtheir children who were currently attending that particular school. As far as OC, Im not sure gow he would have handled it, but considering that I was OC, and the case was spun to look loke I was CC when I was not, is a pretty good indicator of how things would go down.

lapeer20m

imported post

the judges comments in your case are not precedent setting and he was clearly wrong. That was not a point that was contested or argued, it was simply the comments of the judge. If the point were argued in the proper setting any first year law student would be able to make the case that parking lots are not cez's