• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teacher stops gunshooting. why aren't anti's all over this???

scorpio_vette

imported post

http://www.denverpost.com/news/frontpage/ci_14458672

kid comes in and starts shooting. teacher tackles kid and takes him down. teacher is hailed as a hero and he's been on every freaking tv channel, news show and tv show all day long.

why isn't he in trouble??? i thought weapons weren't allowed in a school zone. this guy could be considered a weapon. otherwise how else could he possibly take down a armed gun-man???

ok all joking aside. aren't you curious if instead of reading "teacher tackles armed gun-man", it would have read "teacher shoots armed gun-man"???

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Have they established how this kid got the gun anyway?

The anti-gunners are going to spin it as a gun was not needed because the gun-man was subdued without guns. Of course, they'll leave out the fact that it could have been far worse and NO ONE should be forced to take the chance that they may be finished off before someone has the chance to subdue or incapacitate an assailant without the use of gun. This is just a fluke. It will also be spun as a way to say all guns should be banned. That's poppycock.

Just because one particular tool is not available does not mean a determined person will not find a way, they will.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The teacher is a male basketball coach. He was on parking lot duty in the morning. What if parking lot duty had fallen to a 5 foot tall female math teacher. Would the administration expect her to get in a wrestling match with an armed thug with a violent criminal history?
Arming teachers seems to work in Israel, why not here?

Pace

imported post

You know the answer to this question, because it shows that GFSZ don't work

scorpio_vette wrote:

kid comes in and starts shooting. teacher tackles kid and takes him down. teacher is hailed as a hero and he's been on every freaking tv channel, news show and tv show all day long.

why isn't he in trouble??? i thought weapons weren't allowed in a school zone. this guy could be considered a weapon. otherwise how else could he possibly take down a armed gun-man???

ok all joking aside. aren't you curious if instead of reading "teacher tackles armed gun-man", it would have read "teacher shoots armed gun-man"???

cscitney87

imported post

I presented the situation to 3 local Denver radio/television show hosts. I sent the emails out this afternoon. I'll post if I ever get or hear a reply. The faculty should be free to use concealed weapons to protect themselves and students. We can trust any given bus driver with school Children but our teachers and principals are deemed not capable of handling the life and well being of said children?

scorpio_vette

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
I presented the situation to 3 local Denver radio/television show hosts.  I sent the emails out this afternoon.  I'll post if I ever get or hear a reply.  The faculty should be free to use concealed weapons to protect themselves and students.  We can trust any given bus driver with school Children but our teachers and principals are deemed not capable of handling the life and well being of said children?

and parents should be allowed to carry while they're taking their kids to school and picking them up from school. god forbid one of these shootings were to happen while i pick my kid up from school and he gets shot. could i then sue for taking away my right to protect my child???

stewie-Y

imported post

I asked my teacher, who has a CC permit, why she doesn't carry at school.

She told me that even though it's legal in Utah, the police strongly advise against teachers from doing it.

I guess the only ones that know how to use guns are LEO's, right?

scorpio_vette

imported post

stewie-Y wrote:
She told me that even though it's legal in Utah, the police strongly advise against teachers from doing it.

would be curious to know what his reasoning for it is???

is he "strongly advising that she NOT protect herself???"

is he "strongly advising that she NOT defend her students from a armed attacker???"

why did she go through the hassle of getting the CCW if she won't use it where she is allowed to???

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
and parents should be allowed to carry while they're taking their kids to school and picking them up from school. god forbid one of these shootings were to happen while i pick my kid up from school and he gets shot. could i then sue for taking away my right to protect my child???

Not only parents.

You can according to the constitution, sue, for "redress of greivences". The only real way to cause change in this country is to sue. We should also sue for our rights in the other gun free zones as well. Where money is involved, ya know.

scorpio_vette

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Not only parents.

sorry........mistake on my part. i was simply thinking of that example at the time, and misspoke. obviously any law abiding citizen. at the moment as i said, i was just thinking of that immediate scenario.

PT111

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:

Doesn't that statement and thought firectly contradict the discussion that a convicted felon has to spend the rest of his life totally unarmed and running in fear. Or doesn't conflict with the thought that I read on here quite often that a person without a gun is totally defenseless? Now you are trying to redefine the term weapon.

scorpio_vette

imported post

PT111 wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:

Doesn't that statement and thought firectly contradict the discussion that a convicted felon has to spend the rest of his life totally unarmed and running in fear.  Or doesn't conflict with the thought that I read on here quite often that a person without a gun is totally defenseless?  Now you are trying to redefine the term weapon.

that was meant to show how the news would turn it if it was something that they didn't like. such as how they turn many other stories they don't like into something evil. last weekend we had a open carry rally, and they turned it into "gun toting people".

I wrote that to show how ridiculous news reports can be. if they like something, then NOTHING can make it wrong. but if they don't like something,then no matter how harmless or innocent, it immediately gets turned into something evil.

Dreamer

imported post

This event is being swept under the rug for the same reason the UAH shooting was brushed aside so quickly. The shooter, in both of those cases, is a "protected class" and therefore the media WILL NOT make a big deal of these events.

Had these shooters been white, male and in their 30's, this would have been a media feeding frenzy.

But because one was a middle-aged female, and one is a Native American--both of whome are deemed "protected classes" by the media and the government, these stories will be kept relatively quiet, and will drop from the headlines in a few days...

And this is an example of the "new racism" in America--where young black men and middle-aged white men are, by the nature of their race and age, tried, convicted and sentenced in the media, but "protected class" criminals are quietly shuffled through the system with a minimum of media exploitation.

Racism is ugly, no matter what kind.

Pace

imported post

i'm deleting my post, because I dont want to be flamed by a bunch of "oppressed white men." :banghead:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
You know the answer to this question, because it shows that GFSZ don't work

scorpio_vette wrote:

GFSZ do so work ! in fact they work great !! at getting a lot of unarmed helpless people killed because the law abiding won't carry into a GFSZ but someone with criminal intent WILL.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pace wrote:
i'm deleting my post, because I dont want to be flamed by a bunch of "oppressed white men." :banghead:
You should always speak your mind. We'd rather no where you stand... plus I'm not a white man so I don't fall under criteria and I want to know :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Pace wrote:
You should always speak your mind. We'd rather no where you stand... plus I'm not a white man so I don't fall under criteria and I want to know :)
Agreed, always speak your mind. I am the most PC incorrect guy on here & I always speak my peace. I don't flame people, but I do joke around & I am a white guy..that has a hot chic with a gun for his Avatar.:)

Pace

imported post

Well, what I was going to say is that I hate hearing "oppressed white guys" claim that everything happens because of reverse discrimination, illegal immigrants or the French. Well, maybe its the French, they created Creme Brullee and I can't stop eating it!!! :)

The reason that the brady campaign is not all over this is the same reason they ignore almost all non-mass causality shootings now. They use biased figures to try to claim that guns should not be used in this country, and try to appeal to people's "hearts" instead of the facts.

In this case, it is obvious to anyone that if a few well trained teachers were allowed to be armed, that perhaps this guy could have only got off one shot. They won't bring the media to this case, because they know its an easy rebuttal. That guns can save lives in the hands of civilians and do all over the place.

Pace

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
Well, what I was going to say is that I hate hearing "oppressed white guys" claim that everything happens because of reverse discrimination, illegal immigrants or the French. Well, maybe its the French, they created Creme Brullee and I can't stop eating it!!! :)

The reason that the brady campaign is not all over this is the same reason they ignore almost all non-mass causality shootings now. They use biased figures to try to claim that guns should not be used in this country, and try to appeal to people's "hearts" instead of the facts.

In this case, it is obvious to anyone that if a few well trained teachers were allowed to be armed, that perhaps this guy could have only got off one shot. They won't bring the media to this case, because they know its an easy rebuttal. That guns can save lives in the hands of civilians and do all over the place.

Pace
down with the french they suck...FREEDOM FRIES rule..:D