• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shcool shooting again

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

IMO, the teacher did a great job. I consider it a moral obligation on my part to take part in stopping evil in its tracks. Anyone care to offer their view on the matter?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_colo_school_shooting/print

Teacher tackles gunman supected in school shooting

By P. SOLOMON BANDA and CATHERINE TSAI, Associated Press Writers P. Solomon Banda And Catherine Tsai, Associated Press Writers http://docs.yahoo.com/info/copyright/copyright.html][/url]

pixel

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();
window.yzq_d['Le46FdGDJHA-']='&U=13f5ib5b4%2fN%3dLe46FdGDJHA-%2fC%3d624324.13069997.13267343.12549985%2fD%3dSIP%2fB%3d5412683%2fV%3d1';

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();
window.yzq_d['B.46FdGDJHA-']='&U=13h4i14pu%2fN%3dB.46FdGDJHA-%2fC%3d289534.13891068.13879306.12123427%2fD%3dFOOT2%2fB%3d5304694%2fV%3d1';

FMCDH

imported post

He did what needed to be done with what he had available. Its not ideal, but hes a hero in my book. :)

SpyderTattoo

imported post

See, this is why 'Gun Free Zones' are a good thing. You don't need a gun to stop an active shooter...

Sarcasm Off

I kinda' expect to hear this reasoning from the "Left".

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I kinda' expect to hear this reasoning from the "Left".

I am seriously not trying to knit-pick or anything, but how about we refer to people who are against firearms by what they should be refered to as..."anti-gunners, anti-2nd amendmenters" or whatever.

Seriously, there are many liberals or those who might sway to the left who are pro-firearm, pro 2nd amendment etc. I am sure there are people on the "right" who are anti-firearm.

Ajetpilot

imported post

I agree. I have very liberal friends who fully support my right to keep and bear arms. Also, look at the number of Democrats in the Senate who voted in favor of the National Parks amendment to the credit card bill. Liberal does not always equate to anti-gun.

ShooterMcGavin

imported post

I believe ANTI-RIGHTS peopleis the proper term to be using, in reference to those who want to strip us of our firearms rights. It's not about guns - it's about control.

DaemonForce

imported post

Unbelievable. In Littleton? That's just a pimp-walk away from Columbine or Englewood!

This wasn't even from a student but alumni? What the Christ! :shock:

Make a circular 10km danger field around the Columbine school for a base and station armed guards in every school in that zone. That's the only thing that will take care of this. Early this week I had a feeling this place was overdue for a hit. I was thinking damn, for an area that is so anti-gun it sure hasn't had much trouble lately...I wonder if Denver is going to be alright on it's-BLAM! News busts in like an exhausted deliveryman with the wind knocked out of him.

The gunman was using a bolt action rifle in this shooting. I'm only glad it didn't critically injure students so either he was a bad shot or this is going to make a point to the two students he shot that they need to carry. Hopefully that's one of the first things they look into.The only part that gets me is he was using bolt-action. You mean to tell me that the teacher noticed this much and still couldn't confront him before he could chamber a second round? Jesus Christ! :X

If I were him I would be trying to get in shape or do some self-training to know exactly what to do in that situation. Maybe move the desk closer to the door if it's a burden. Anyway it's good to see that at least one man decided to do something to save his class. Even if he needed help from other staff to do it. On another note the teachers in R.I. are fired? :uhoh:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
I agree. I have very liberal friends who fully support my right to keep and bear arms. Also, look at the number of Democrats in the Senate who voted in favor of the National Parks amendment to the credit card bill. Liberal does not always equate to anti-gun.
Yep we must remember all the "Conservatives" who have voted for gun control also.