Thread: Ruger LCR holsters

Post imported post

I'm trying to find holsters for the ruger lcr with crimson trace grips and I'm having trouble trying to find any. I'm in the market for an in waistband holster. I've heard some of the holsters for S&W j frames are compadable. Just not sure which model holsters. Anyone know of any?

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I just ordered a pocket holster for it from Ruger's website for 12 or 13 bucks. I haven't seen any IWB holsters for it yet.

Just curious, but have you tried just tucking it in your waistband withouta holster? I've done this a bit & it isvery secure. Personally, I don't plan on buying an IWB for mine. Tucking it w/o a holster seems to work fine. I've got the pocket holster on the way, and I did purchase an ankle holster at my local Gander Mtn. I will check the brand & size of the ankle holster & post it here later if you like.
    Carry on!

Post imported post

Crossbreed Holsters, one of the sponsors here has an EXCELLENT product.

You owe it to yourself to at least check them out. Just click on the flashing banner at the top of the page.

Post imported post

One thing to remember is that grips of any kind are not usually an issue in the holster. For the most part they are sticking out. Most any holster that fits your LCR will also fit with the Crimson Trace. It is not like the issue on the LCP where the laser is in front and must be accomodated by the holster.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    One thing to remember is that grips of any kind are not usually an issue in the holster. For the most part they are sticking out. Most any holster that fits your LCR will also fit with the Crimson Trace. It is not like the issue on the LCP where the laser is in front and must be accomodated by the holster.
    Never know a Crimson Trace grip to interfere with holster fit - I'd check it out to be sure, but i think you will find your worries are for naught.

Don't like carrying w/o a holster (Mexican style) as the appearance is that of gangsta related. Too there is no passive/active retention control. Even our site rules reflect "normalizing daily carry in proper holsters" and for the aforementioned reasons.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

All the holsters for a j-frame I have tried worked just fine.
    Except:
    Blackhawk CQC
    Desantis Mini slide w/thumb break- (k-frame works)

Oh yeah, my LCR's are .357 mag.
    Last edited by Marco; 05-27-2011 at 04:43 PM.