• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LCR holsters

XD40

imported post

I'm trying to find holsters for the ruger lcr with crimson trace grips and I'm having trouble trying to find any. I'm in the market for an in waistband holster. I've heard some of the holsters for S&W j frames are compadable. Just not sure which model holsters. Anyone know of any?

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I just ordered a pocket holster for it from Ruger's website for 12 or 13 bucks. I haven't seen any IWB holsters for it yet.

Just curious, but have you tried just tucking it in your waistband withouta holster? I've done this a bit & it isvery secure. Personally, I don't plan on buying an IWB for mine. Tucking it w/o a holster seems to work fine. I've got the pocket holster on the way, and I did purchase an ankle holster at my local Gander Mtn. I will check the brand & size of the ankle holster & post it here later if you like.

Leader

imported post

Crossbreed Holsters, one of the sponsors here has an EXCELLENT product.

You owe it to yourself to at least check them out. Just click on the flashing banner at the top of the page.

The Wolfhound

imported post

One thing to remember is that grips of any kind are not usually an issue in the holster. For the most part they are sticking out. Most any holster that fits your LCR will also fit with the Crimson Trace. It is not like the issue on the LCP where the laser is in front and must be accomodated by the holster.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One thing to remember is that grips of any kind are not usually an issue in the holster. For the most part they are sticking out. Most any holster that fits your LCR will also fit with the Crimson Trace. It is not like the issue on the LCP where the laser is in front and must be accomodated by the holster.

Never know a Crimson Trace grip to interfere with holster fit - I'd check it out to be sure, but i think you will find your worries are for naught.

Don't like carrying w/o a holster (Mexican style) as the appearance is that of gangsta related. Too there is no passive/active retention control. Even our site rules reflect "normalizing daily carry in proper holsters" and for the aforementioned reasons.

Marco

All the holsters for a j-frame I have tried worked just fine.
Except:
Blackhawk CQC
Desantis Mini slide w/thumb break- (k-frame works)

Oh yeah, my LCR's are .357 mag.

Last edited: