• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Carry Meeting In Newark Ohio

rottman43055

imported post

Iwill be hostinga local "open carry" meet for the locals in my area on MondayMarch 15th at 6pm at Outreach Word Ministries Inc. The address is 215 E. Main st Newak Ohio.

We will also be joined by a localmartial arts instructor who has been teaching for 36 yearsfor those who may beinterested in taking up martial arts or self defense lessons.

The goals are the following:

1. To allow local open carries the opportunity to meet each other over coffee and donuts for an hour or so.

2. To be able to discuss carry related issues and concerns.

3. To let people in the area who either open carry or those who want to open carry to knowthat they are not alone in exercising their right to open carry.

If you would like to attend, please post here so I know how many refreshments to bring.

Thank you.

JSlack7851

imported post

Hello Rottman, I'd love to come. However:

Suggested routes

OH-60 S 103 mi. 2 hours 55 mins

OH-13 S110 mi. 2 hours 55 mins

It would take up my whole day.

Please plan some OC walks after the weather gets better. Put Lima tops on the list.

rottman43055

imported post

Hi JSlack,

I totally understand. There have been several OC meets I would have liked to have attended but it was simply to far to travel.

rottman43055

imported post

Just a reminder of Monday's Open Carry meet. So far 15 people have said they would be there and a few said they may be there, so if everyone shows up it should be a good time.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For those who are interested here is the follow up to rottman's OC meeting in Newark, Ohio. From quickly running through the OhioCCWforums postings it doesn't appear that rottman and his son are getting any decent direction on what to do after his detainment. See page 1 of the link below. I just read this story or I'd have posted it here before now. It seems that both he and his son have standing for Federal deprivation of rights cases against these Neward PD officers at a minimum.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40826