• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School Shooting in Littleton CO on 2/23

Hombre

Banned
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
Well....he WAS open carrying. They should have just ignored it had someone dialed 911.:celebrate Isn't that the logic with you folks?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
the difference is,he was shooting...

Well, let's get hypothetical......

What if a person had called police PRIOR to him shooting like when he was walking TO the school with an open rifle. Would you have wanted the police to check on him or tell the caller that he has a legal right to open carry and that we aren't going to check on it?????

What would you like done if that were the case?

manicdevery

imported post

I personally do not mind police encounters when they handle themselves accordingly.

I do not feel he was carrying a holstered gun in this school shooting, i am pretty sure in one of the articles i read it was described as a hunting rifle, not a holstered pistol on a guy in Walmart with a cart full of vegetables! I do understand your point and do not mind police calls and would hope that if i were to call on a man with a gun who was acting suspiciously, that the police would show up.

This is just my opinion and that is why i want to desensitize the public on Open carrying as a crime deterrent and use better judgment when calling 911.

Appreciate this viewpoint so we do not forget the other side of the story.

Devery

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Devery, when I talk about the guy shooting up the school with a bolt action rifle I am mostly attributing or likening it to the guy with the AR-15 at Ponderosa. That is what I have the problem with. Carrying a loaded rifle/shotgun to me does not equate to a holstered pistol or revolver. JMHO.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Devery, when I talk about the guy shooting up the school with a bolt action rifle I am mostly attributing or likening it to the guy with the AR-15 at Ponderosa. That is what I have the problem with. Carrying a loaded rifle/shotgun to me does not equate to a holstered pistol or revolver. JMHO.
Do youneed toremind yourself of this every November in Michigan?

office888

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Rifle in your hands in "the ready" position =/= Static carry.

You fail.

-Richard-