• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Pierce of OCDO will be on WPR today at 4PM Central time (24 FEB)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Hey everyone, I just got word that John Pierce, co-founder of OCDO will be interviewed live today (2/24) on Wisconsin Public Radio's "At Issue with Ben Merens" show. Show starts just after 4 p.m. Central Time.

Listeners will be invited to call in!

Spread the word!

Select an Ideas Network station to see its Program Schedule
Ideas Network Web Streaming Everywhere... WHA (AM) 970 Madison WLBL (AM) 930 Auburndale, Stevens Point KUWS (FM) 91.3 Superior W215AQ (FM) 90.9 West Madison, Middleton W275AF (FM) 102.9 Ashland, Bayfield W300BM (FM) 107.9 Central Madison WEPS (FM) 88.9 Elgin, IL WHAD (FM) 90.7 Delafield, Milwaukee WHBM (FM) 90.3 Park Falls WHDI (FM) 91.9 Sister Bay, Door County WHHI (FM) 91.3 Highland, Dodgeville WHID (FM) 88.1 Green Bay WHLA (FM) 90.3 La Crosse WHWC (FM) 88.3 Menomonie, Eau Claire WLBL (FM) 91.9 Wausau WRFW (FM) 88.7 River Falls WRST (FM) 90.3 Oshkosh WSHS (FM) 91.7 Sheboygan

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Did anyone get to listen?

The opposing view was presented by Gerri (sp?) from Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort (WAVE) and she was a well spoken and articulate opponent.

John

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I listened to it. Well done, John! I like near the end when you cornered Jeri because she said she's not anti-gun, but she's opposed to both open and concealed carry. You were spot on pointing out those are the only two methods.

She is right when is pointed out that constitutional rights are not absolute, but her idea of limiting the constitutional right to bear arms is equivalent to saying one has a right to free speech, but only in one's home. To me that illustrates how extreme her viewpoint is.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jpierce wrote:

The opposing view was presented by Gerri (sp?) from Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort (WAVE) and she was a well spoken and articulate opponent.

John

Good to know that the Joyce Foundation is getting value for their dollar.

Why does every anti 2A feel it is necessary to start out with "I am a hunter" or "I grew up around guns?"

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Thanks! :)

Shotgun wrote:
I listened to it. Well done, John! I like near the end when you cornered Jeri because she said she's not anti-gun, but she's opposed to both open and concealed carry. You were spot on pointing out those are the only two methods.

She is right when is pointed out that constitutional rights are not absolute, but her idea of limiting the constitutional right to bear arms is equivalent to saying one has a right to free speech, but only in one's home. To me that illustrates how extreme her viewpoint is.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

That was glock girl, my fiancee, one of the last callers who said OC is a constitutional right and if they don't like it-- tough!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

She was great! :)

Shotgun wrote:
That was glock girl, my fiancee, one of the last callers who said OC is a constitutional right and if they don't like it-- tough!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

jpierce wrote:

John
Yes, I listened to the entire hour. She was very well-rehearsed in her answers... probably had a sheet of talking points in front of her. Also, the radio staff made sure that mostly antigun callers got through to comment. You had an uphill battle.

When she countered some of your facts with "misinformation", such as regarding the Lott study, I wish you could have followed up with calling her out, but that might have seemed argumentative. I wonder what she would have said to the FBI statistics
showing decreases in crime when states adopted CCW? More misinformation I suppose.

Anyway, many thanks for putting yourself out there to represent us, John; live radio is a real tough, unforgiving balancing act. And thanks to shotgun for alerting us to the broadcast.

Dave

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wednesday
2/24/2010
4:00 PM

clear.gif

At Issue with Ben Merens -100224L
Wisconsin's state senate passed a bill this week allowing hunters to transport uncased guns in their cars. After four, Ben Merens and his guests discuss open-carry and the shift across the U.S. to ease gun regulations.

Guests:
John Pierce, Co-founder and sponsor of OpenCarry. org
Jeri Bonavia, Executive Director, Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort (WAVE)

Listen

Job well done John, Enjoyed listening to common-sense prevail.

9:50 sec. thru11:42 sec. must of felt like an eternity to Jeri, trying to explain how passing laws prevent criminals from commiting crimes, without saying laws are only followed by the law abiding, without saying laws tie the hands of the law abiding from self defense.

M

McX

imported post

it took me a bit to get the realplayer to work. but i noticed the lady on the interview spoke in a lot of generalities, and threw out alot of' i thinks'. john had plenty of facts, and presented them very well. some of the callers weren't even in touch with reality. the scenarios john illustrated were tied to the real world. it's good to see the topic of second amendment rights is sweeping through the media.

M

McX

imported post

el chicko said; people may not like guns at the banks they go to.
well then use the drive up!

el chicko wants criminal background checks on all gun sales.
will that include the criminal transactions?

el chicko says she's concerned about people walking around in public with guns in their hands, or waving them around.
yeah, me too lady, that's why i carry.

i have no problem listening to the truth, or facts, but B.S. causes me great pain.

jwayne972

imported post

I get so sick of hearing about the "Greater Good", when I heard her say that I almost puked.

She also stated that we as OCer's and even CCer's are a very small percentage of the population, so why is it so hard to just to leave us alone.

How does my OC infringe on someone else's rights?

I thought you did a great job John, thanks.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

McX wrote:
el chicko said; people may not like guns at the banks they go to.
well then use the drive up!

el chicko wants criminal background checks on all gun sales.
will that include the criminal transactions?

el chicko says she's concerned about people walking around in public with guns in their hands, or waving them around.
yeah, me too lady, that's why i carry.

i have no problem listening to the truth, or facts, but B.S. causes me great pain.
she must know self defense and can handle anything to defend herself. people like this should move to Australia or G B sounds like a commie to me

M

McX

imported post

she also mentions that in her view; 'we are a small minority'. so if that is the case aren't we afforded the same rights of protection of our rights as other 'minorities' are?

bigdaddy1

imported post

I have yet to listen to this interview, I have to get my blood pressure down before I do. These people (anti-rights groups, that spew lies, choose not to acknowledge facts and ignore the truth) tend to get me riled up. However reading some of the comments hear (which justifies my opinion of them) are already getting me going.

Waving guns around????? Oh for Pete's sake, why spew such a fabrication other than to spread fear? Why cant these people just stick to the truth and facts? Oh, that's because the facts don't support their position.

See what I mean, they simply cant get by with the simple truth.:banghead:

Oh, the pain.:cuss: