• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy here

cash50

imported post

Hey guys whats up? I'm new to the board, but have been reading a lot of threads and finally decided to just register. Anyways I live in St. Charles and would love to get more into open carry and am very concerned about knowing the law and our rights.

cash50

imported post

Thanks for the welcomes gent's, I hope I can learn a lot, and maybe teach a thing or two.

exhstd

imported post

HEY CASH...WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CCW, TAKE THE CLASS.

I PROMISE YOU, YOU WON'T BE SORRY YOU DID.

THERE'S ALOT OF INFORMATION THAT'S GIVEN OUT DURING THE CLASS THAT YOU WOULD FIND VERY INTERESTING.

I DID MY CLASS ON A SUNDAY AND IT WENT BY PRETTY QUICKLY FOR ALL OF US IN THERE.

IN THE CLASS, THERE WILL BE ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE.

SOME VETERAN SHOOTERS AND THEN, THERE'S THE ONE'S THAT HAVE NEVER SEEN A GUN UP CLOSE EXCEPT FOR ON T.V. LET ALONE, SHOT A FIREARM.

BY THE TIME THEY GOT DONE, THEY WERE PRO'S.

I WILL SAY THOUGH, THE ONLY THING I DON'T CARE FOR IS, THE FACT THAT WE AS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, HAVE TO PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR OUR RIGHT UNDER THE SECOND AMENDMENT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

CRIMINALS DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR RIGHT TO HOLD YOU UP OR CARJACK YOU.

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY TO DEFEND OURSELVES??

THE WAY I SEE IT, ALL WE'RE DOING IS INSTEAD OF GIVING THE MONEY TO THE CROOKS, WE'RE GIVING IT TO THE GOVERMENT IN WHICH SOME SAY, ARE EVEN BIGGER CROOKS THAN THE ACTUAL CROOKS.

Broondog

imported post

exhstd wrote:
I WILL SAY THOUGH, THE ONLY THING I DON'T CARE FOR IS, THE FACT THAT WE AS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, HAVE TO PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR OUR RIGHT UNDER THE SECOND AMENDMENT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.
to exercise your right to Open Carry does not cost you a dime. that is unless you do it in a town with a current ordinance against it. otherwise it's free.

then again, if HB2150 passes this year OC will be uniformly legal statewide.

exhstd

imported post

BROONDOG, YES IT DOES COST YOU. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND.

FIRST, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO TAKE THE CLASS AND SOME ARE BEING CHARGED 135.00 TO 150.00 FOR THE CLASS.

SECOND..THEN ONCE YOU PASS YOUR CLASS, YOU HAVE TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL MUNICIPALITY AND PAY FOR THE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND THE MOST THAT CAN COST IS 100.00

SO, LETS TOTAL ALL OF THIS UP. YOU'RE LOOKING AT ANYWHERE FROM 235.00 TO 250.00 TO EXCORCISE YOU SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT AND THAT FREIND, IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SAID PAYING THROUGH THE NOSE.

cash50

imported post

Exhstd, I'm pretty well researched on MO CCW laws, nothing too hairy there. I prolly won't take a class tho, unless I find a cheap one, and if I were you I wouldn't promise me I wouldn't like it. I bailed out of one because the instructor told me some incredibly retarded crap--literally anyone can be an instructor..so I'll just go a Florida permit.

Additionally, I don't think you can call anyone a pro after one day of training. And it is dumb that we have to pay a bunch of money for this.

However Exhstd, Broondog is exactly right with what he said. It doesn't cost a dime to open carry, it appears you're thinking he said concealed carry.

Broondog

imported post

cash50 wrote:
However Exhstd, Broondog is exactly right with what he said. It doesn't cost a dime to open carry, it appears you're thinking he said concealed carry.
exactly. the state of Missouri does not infringe upon the basic human right to keep and bear arms in regard to open carry of said firearm. there is no fee, there is no class and there is no permit that can be suspended or revoked if they decide one has been a bad boy. as long as one is legally allowed to possess the firearm, they can carry it openly in a holster. of course a number of political subdivisions may infringe upon this right, but that is what HB2150 intends to correct.

Exhstd should do a little research including some reading on this site before he touts the propoganda he received in his CCW class as gospel.

i have OC'd in front of many a LEO (Festus, Crystal, Herky, Ste Gen Co.), including having an extended non-related conversation with a member of the State Patrol and have not been thrown in the slammer or had to retain the services of a lawyer.

knowledge is power Exhstd.

and BTW, please turn off your CAPS LOCK. typing in all caps comes across as yelling on the net.

exhstd

imported post

I wasn't saying that ANYONE would be a pro at shooting once they took the class.

What I was saying was, if a person that never held a gun or fired a gun, once they took the class would be compfortable with it.

Of course there's alot of training to be done before one can be a pro.

I'm a retired Army sniper and I still don't concider myself a pro.

As for anyone being an instructor, I won't argue that point. There are ALOT of idiots out there that like to spurge their own ideals once they become one.

As for the OPEN CARRY, each municipality has an ordinance for open carry.

This is why we have CCW. YES, there is in fact a difference and what I was citing was in fact, for the CCW.

I do apologize, I wasn't aware that I was living in Montana or Wyoming.

I understand that people are very passionate about this issue as am I but I don't take it to such an extreme.

Broondog, I do apologize for the caps lock. I wasn't yelling. I have to leave it on for work as, all of my invoices have to go out in caps.

I won't post anymore comments on here so you won't have to worry about it anymore.

This place is just TOO opinionated for me.

goalseter88

imported post

i don't think you should stop posting on here. i cant speak for everyone but i can say at least that i like to hear every-ones story whether i agree with what they say or not i still like to hear other ppls ideas.

and i don't think they were trying to hound yeah or anything. i mean we not here to argue with one another. where more here to work together to get our gun rights whether its OC, or just gun rights in general. At least that's what i here for. i guess i cant talk for everyone. but what i getting at is that i hope you don't take offense on their comments and disappear. just IMO he was just trying to show that some ppl might take it as your yelling. and that isn't just from this forum.I mean i actually been told the same thing before once when i had cap-lock on some how and i didn't even know i did, and i got the same statement and this was a whole different website.

p.s. i agree that is shit that we got to pay 200+ bucks to get our ccw. but i think it was worth paying to at least get the right to even if the process is wrong.

Broondog

imported post

Exhstd,

running away from a debate doesn't do anyone any good. from the get go your posts came across as 'this is the way it is and i know i am right' when in fact you were wrong about many things. we here tried to educate you for your own benefit.

this forum is for the exchange of information and experiences. it might serve you well to stick around and maybe learn something, or maybe teach something as well.

when you were a sniper, did you run away from a losing battle?